Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom stealing back CPS

Options
  • 24-11-2003 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Can Eircom steal back your CPS without you knowing or consenting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Yes, they simply tell you you knew and consented . If you neither knew nor consented you should contact info@comreg.ie and demand they do their job.

This stealing is called 'slamming' and is very common.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes it worried me slightly when I switched to UTV online. I got nothing to sign, and the only communication about it was when eircom mailed me to 'warn' me that my carrier had been switched, and if I hadn't consented, yada yada.

The very fact that I don't have to sign anything, means that slamming is both easy to carry out and easy to get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am worried that eircom may have stolen me back from UTV. I see my CLID is presented differently to vodafone since i switched to UTV

Eircom to my O87 : 0505 xxxxx
    UTV to 087 +353505xxxxx
    now 0505 xxxxx

Understand why i am worried?

It could have been the changeover in the 050 areas recently, were some not retired?

Protect yourself, read This and all links and mail them as suggsted, cc to Comreg.

That + continous calls to UTVInternet and you will have no problem, if Eircom have slammed you it will be evidence for a nice little small claims court case against them.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Muck
    It could have been the changeover in the 050 areas recently, were some not retired?

Protect yourself, read This and all links and mail them as suggsted, cc to Comreg.

That + continous calls to UTVInternet and you will have no problem, if Eircom have slammed you it will be evidence for a nice little small claims court case against them.

M

They didnt change the 0505 area code. I know the 0503(Carlow) 0507(athy) and 0508 (Baltinglass) were changed to 059. The rest of the 050 codes were left alone.

My phone was off on wednesday night from 10pm to 2 am Thursday. Local call service only. Could this have anything to do with this?

If you are slammed do you have any rights to sue Eircom? If so what can you sue them for?

• Advertisement

First contact UTV and cc Comreg, if you have been slammed during the changeover it will be evidence that

1. You informed your carrier (UTV) in good time of your concerns.
    2. You informed the regulator in good time.
    3, You have no contract with Eircom to carry traffic, ensure you remind 1 and 2 above of that.

Then wait. Hopefully it went smoothly and there is no probem but you could have separate cases againt all of Eircom UTV and Comreg for all we know !

M

Advertisement