Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive Criticism

Options
  • 12-11-1999 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

All ye are good at moaning and ****,

so gis a bita moaning about this site smile.gif

http://www.iol.ie/~sbmartin/

non quake related, **** the contents, just tell me about the design, don't even read the ****!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Ste,
    Thats a nice site, one or two problems:

1. Optimised for 800x600??? doesnt look it in 8x6. The page is too long and too narrow for 8x6.

2. Consider coloured mouseovers. Black and White is all very arty but a touch of colour wouldnt hurt (yes I did see the eye).

3. On front page one arrow forwards you to the main page but the more obvious one doesnt.

4. Content is arse, if you want to be taken seriously drop all the jokey bits. Decide what the site is for and dedicate it to that.

Otherwise a well nice site, hats off to you.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

thanks tom,

I'll take each point and tackle them individually smile.gif

1. I know its long and narrow, no excuses on that one smile.gif

2. you like the eye? wink.gif

3. will be fixed

4. bull**** content just there until I finish the site and go look at similar sites to rip content from

once again thanks a million tom for given it a look (appreciated),

who's next ? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Yeah I like the eye a lot. Feels kinda Zergy for some reason smile.gif

Whats the site going to be about?
    What did you do it with?
    For the amount of what APPEAR to be graphics it loads nice and fast, nice job on the speed of graphics.

Heres a few more points from looking over it more closely.

1. Consider using text rather then graphics for left hand links. .gif's are not kind to text and theres nothing you can do with a graphic that you cant do with text.

2. I find it funny that you describe Hackwatch as a "A small Irish net-zine".
    I wouldnt want to be too close to your server if JMCC finds out you called it that hehe. He's only a world known cryptographic expert. Hackwatch often breaks news a lot of powerful people in Ireland would rather was left alone.

3. Britany Spears is "hip"? and sporty spice is "awite"? hhmmmm consider listening to some Gomez and a hefty diet of Radiohead perhaps....

Tom.

[This message has been edited by DeV (edited 13-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

thats one funky site.

remember the no1 rule of design, keep it simple (ok, I made that up but its always worked for me smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

I made it with my imagination smile.gif

and ...

psp5/6 for the gfx (most time there)
    homesite 4 (i think) for writing the auld html

And I didn't rob anything from other sites! (for once)

smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

its sUUUUper pel
    but wheres all the willy jokes gone pel ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

i had many

but i lost them!

any chance u could mail them to us ?

Advertisement