Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining out

• 24-11-2003 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm going out to dinner tomorrow with the wife and would like to try somewhere new. I have heard recommendations for Dunne and Crechenzi's in South Frederick
    Street, has anybody been there or know if it's worth a visit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Have been there a number of times for lunch. And can highly recommend it. It has always been packed especially around lunchtime probably because it is:
    1: very authentic
    2: great quality
    3: Reasonably priced – compared to other places

However it is more of a snack café type place than a restraint. They do Panini’s and salads like Mozzarella/tomato as well as mixed platters (cold meats and salads). All served with fresh ciabatta.

Great for mid day snack while around town.

Another great Italian place is La Corte in Powerscourt Townhouse. It is cheaper again, even more authentic and does a lot of pasta as well as the anti pasta dishes. It is in the top floor of the town centre over looking the atrium. But I think it is closed in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Thumbs up for Dunne and Crezenzi : Irish woman and her Italian husband i belive

Very Good. Good Service. Nice wines. Not the most comfortable but the good athmosphere makes up for it. You might even believe you are in Italy for a while. Good value. Njoy

Advertisement