Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation

Options
  • 24-11-2003 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey y'all.
    I got a legit copy of XP With my computer that I bought six months ago. And today I started my PC and a thing came up saying that things have changed with my computer since I last activated XP. They want me to do it again. I rang up and got some really crap service saying enter the six digit code on your screen. Nothing on my screen. I have a copy of office XP on y computer that isn't exactly above board. If I activate again over the net will they know that I have Dodgy software on my PC.
    Sajan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

if you use peoples software pay for it

opeoffice.org

good free legal alternative to office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm not sure if they keep track of activations via the internet...
    if you're that worried, you could always activate it by phone with your id withheld...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Hey Everyone.
    Sorry about posting again. I am now in an internet cafe and need some help. I turned on my computer shortky after making my first post and got this error message.
    WINDOWS PRODUCT ACTIVATION.
    Some System files are missing or damaged. You cannot log on at this time. Please insert your Windows XP CD to reinstall or repair windows.
    Error Code: 0x80040507.
    Is there any way for me to install the activation software off the XP CD without having to Format and Lose everything?
    Thanks once again. Sajan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

errrrr have you put your XP Cd in like it asked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Please don't start new threads on existing topics. Adding to the original thread will bubble it up to the top.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement