Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Platinum Plus for me? Yeah Right!

Options
  • 24-11-2003 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

MBNA really are taking the piss at this stage. Every two or three months I get a flyer from this crowd. It started innocently enough with the offer of a standard card however they are plainly completly strung out on a deadly high if they think that I fit the income profile of a Platimum Plus card holder!

I wont apply as I'd hate to give tham a cheap laugh...

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

But do make sure you lick the pre-paid envelope and send it back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone them on their freephone number and get them to stop mailing you and remove you from their list. Get a reference number. Any more mailings, phone them up with the reference number and give 'em a good talking to - mention "complaint to Data Protection Commissioner".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by RainyDay
    But do make sure you lick the pre-paid envelope and send it back to them.
    Don't forget to put someone else's junk mail in first. And then do what Victor says.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I know how annoying this is. My father used to get regular mailings from American Express and applied and was rejected, then the mailings continued until he rang to complain.

Its just pretty bad marketing and they are taking a potluck chance that you *might* be better off than their records show.

Advertisement