Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's clear one thing up here folks.

Options
  • 11-11-1999 11:15am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was not calling Zero elitist. I am referring to an elitist attitude that exists whether you like it or not. I never harp on about how long I've been playing quake. I never abuse my position as an admin on the CA server (I kicked someone once - by mistake). I would like to hear some names because failing that I'll dispute Zeros claim that abuse of admin exists. I've rarely seen it. Naturally it exists but my generalisation, if you'll permit me, is to say that admin is hardly ever abused and newbies posting on the boards nearly always get a helpful response depsite any idiots posting abuse or whatever.
    I was not aiming an attack at Zero or anyone else. I just hate this attitude. Lets be bleedin positive about Irish gaming and the scene around it. It's not as fu(king bleak as the veterans would have you believe.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

stop using that alias cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

its sarcasim biggrin.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    ps? 0wns U

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sh1t I thought it was sarcasm.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Musician is acctually PeeWee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ahh they're all jealous of your cunning wit
    muse.. dont let it get to ya smile.gifsmile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Ahhh Muso its only a game...and as I believe Zero is better than you at it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hehe. Funny how every time I attempt to make a point people are just taking the ****. Oh well.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

What do ya mean stop using the alias, muso has never sought to hide his identity or anything.. beside what he says actually makes sense and i'd agreee !

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Faironuff Muso, I think we both made our points, no point in harping on about it and annoying each other and everyone else.
    And while we're on the subject of doing something positive, I think that if there's one thing that's done in Irish Quake, it's that Tom Murphy stays with Team.ie, whether it be Q1,2 or 3, I think everyone agrees, he's the best man for the job. On behalf of anyone who is thinking the way I am, Tom, I'd like to ask to reconsider your position, whatever about irc, boards etc, they are unimportant compared to the job ure were doing for Team.ie especially with the diplomatic relations across the water (must....not..slag...about..marie....).
    The team needs ure organisation, so plz think about it Tom like a good chap or I'll have to set Reaper on you.

Zero.

P.S. Peewee, enough is enough, do me a favour and shut the fu<k up. It's grand to be a bit annoying and rising a few people, but you're getting more than annoying now, and Toulouse is a mate of mine. You don't live that far away, and I'm not posting spa idle statements either. You're pi$$ing off more than a few friends of mine, and I'm in Limerick this weekend, so leave it out or a few of us will call around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I'd have to agree with Zero on this one. IRc and the boards are pretty meaningless compared to team.ie and Dev, you should reconsider.

However if you just don't want to do it then thats fine too but you are the best man for the job.

El

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

Watch out Zero never makes idle threats :p

ChRoMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

I've thought about the team but I think QW internationals are dead.

Q3 holds some promise, but unless I'm personally into the game I cant see myself taking it on.

That said, I have had some interesting times with the team, some good (most good tbh) some I'd rather not linger on smile.gif
    But its ALWAYS been pretty unpredicatable and it sure as frick was fun!

I think we should let Team.ie rest as far as QW is concerned. We won the 4 nations and everything else would be an anti-climax I think...

Quake 3 (or UT, if one dominants the other) could be a runner. I'll consider the possibilities between here and xmas but I've learned a few leasons and things will be different this time...

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

not exactly funny mp......lucky more like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Face is such a strong term.....id say...collection of ****ed up cells.....
    drunk
    strap on snooker cue---chrome's face....

'Im not in love but Im gonna **** you 'till someone better comes along'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Hah,

Funny how you didnt show your face at DubLan Chrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hot-Ice

I think every 1 in here should calm down a bit ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

The mighty peewee didn't reply, and me n jeff here all oiled up, guns in the car, video camera at the ready, everything, it's terrible, we were gonna make it look like suicide.

Eric, call me you muppet.

Chrome, haha, you just have no idea.

Zero.

Advertisement