Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS

• 24-11-2003 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just wondering if any has been able to use the N3650 to send meteor MMS? I had an old sim card knockin about and just thought i'd test it out, but cant get it to work. I've had the configuration message sent to my phone, but nothing.

Can the 3650 not be used with meteor yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

not sure about this model.. but ring 1905 - its free! Staff are friendly and efficient..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

"Meteor GPRS is down should be fixed on Tuesday" said the girl on 1905
    I had the same problem with same phone
    I'll keep ye posted

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Its working fine for me. Both GPRS and MMS over GPRS.

Sending the settings isnt enough though.

You must ring Customer Care to have your account provisioned for it, i.e. To have GPRS/MMS Access added to your account.

Should be no problem with the 3650 though.

Free MMS rocks tho! Only til December 31st though so abuse it while you can.

I just wish that theyd get an cross-network MMS agreement sorted like O2 and Vodafone recently did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    I just wish that theyd get an cross-network MMS agreement sorted like O2 and Vodafone recently did.
    There's something about this in the Meteor mag blurb along the lines of "Technical reasons" and "January 2004" (Pretty sure MMS wouldn't be free if it worked cross-network :p)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Originally posted by oneweb
    There's something about this in the Meteor mag blurb along the lines of "Technical reasons" and "January 2004" (Pretty sure MMS wouldn't be free if it worked cross-network :p)
    Hmm... More likely a mix of Technical Reasons and Politics/Competition between the networks thats holding it off. It took O2 and Vodafone about 8months to get it so if Meteor have it sorted byt January fair play.

And no, Methinks it might not be free then! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement