Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Firewall

• 24-11-2003 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Online for 2 weeks and I still haven't received the free Norton Firewall from IOL. Anyone else got theirs yet ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

You sure??
    Never heard anything about a free Norton's firewall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Ancient1
    You sure??
    Never heard anything about a free Norton's firewall...

It's part of their new deal. http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_price.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I gave them a shout about it and they said they wont be sending them out to people for another two weeks. So, look for it sometime next January. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Thanks Lex - they told me that too.

Very clever of them as they say in all their sales literature that you should have a firewall installed from outset !

I am using Zone Alarm in the meantime.

By the way Ancient1 - IOL / Boards.ie will be very happy to know that you did not notice their banner ad at the top of this page !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Hmm - I was wondering what had happened to the firewall software but I kept forgetting to ring them.

Does anyone know if the Norton product is any good? I've used Agnitum Outpost in the past and I'd be interested in how they measure up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

is this only for new customers?

as in i got mine 2 or 3 months ago, take it i cant avail of free firewall?

well that's great....bought mine in June, after i got connected ! Oh well...

No, Rorook, never noticed the banner !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

neither did i till just now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

tick tock, tick tock - two weeks later...

Anyone gotten the suite yet? I'll ring 'em tomorrow & nag a bit.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

dont bother ... i was talking to one of their tech's the other day and asked him about the firewalll suite we're supposed to be getting, he said dont expect it until mid january ... said something about the directors still finalising the fine details or something like that.

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

:mad: This isn't on. If they're gonna advertise something, they'd want to have had an agreement sorted, or at least dropped a hint that it could take a while to arrive from everything else before you order.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Another case for the ASAI? After all, they are advertising their offer as 'Only IOL gives this many freebies' and the only thing which is allowing them to make that claim is the firewall software.

I did choose IOL because of Firewall. It narks me that on their sale literature and small print that they strongly advise that a firewall is in place when you use broadband.

Yes you can take it that i haven't got firewall yet.

Also I used my credit card for payment and the 1st premium has gone through at €62 - why is this ?

Bit worried that this could get out of control. I have not been over the limit either.

the 1st premium has gone through at €62 - why is this ?

dude, dont ask....i got IOL BB in July and have been billed for installation + something stupid like 2 weeks...
    I call them about once a week bugging them saying " helooooooo do you not want my money or what?".
    I dont want to be slapped with a huge bill whenever it suits them (chose credit card payment option as well) - they just keep giving me the run around..

Un-f*ckin-believable. They cant even charge for their own service.

Advertisement