Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers down for a bit...

Options
  • 13-11-1999 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So dont panic!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Panic Panic!, when will it be back?, i was just there and server went down. was gettin ready to kick ass on dm6.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Hooooookay,

War server is back on Vishnu, and for all the oldtimes out there (myself included) a Vanilla Winquake CTF server, max 8 players, usual stuff. Havent sorted map rotation yet, so give it a test for a while.

CA is down for the next week, after that the War server, after that the CTF etc etc....

Must revive that ol clan o mine.. smile.gif

[DD]Slosh

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 13-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pipe

good a ctf server at last it comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

No CA server and a CTF server? Slosh your amazing, leave as is smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

God loves Tryers sunglasses.gif
    GT rocks ure world smile.gif

• Advertisement

Vanilla ctf quake? Can someone please educate me on the subject.

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 13-11-99).]

forgot to mention in last post, winquake? can u not use quakeworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

CTF? Where

CTF?
    Where?
    IP?
    GAHHHH
    I grew up on this sh1t.

Hail to The King, Baby.
    Jaden.

GAH

Canne connect.
    Have I missed sommit?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

OK, i only started playing net quake post quakeworld so could someone tell me how to connect to this thing.

Also this should really be in QW anyway cus in GL winquake it only lets you se fov 90 (damn you zoid)

So get a QW server up plz.

El

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

> So get a QW server up plz

This for the nostalgic old timers... Dont like it ? Dont play it!

"How do I connect?" smile.gif

TAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKE IT QW MUPPETS!!!!!

Try this. Start up Winquake (You'll find an executable in the \QUAKE folder (we called them directories in those days.) You may need to D/L Winquake, but you can find it almost anywhere. Go MULTIPLAYER / JOIN A GAME / TCP/IP, and type vishnu.ign.ie in the likkle box. When you connect (IF you do, it can take several attempts) wonder at how people ever played with such a connect, and how the hell you can rj. SHOW_FPS 1 doesn't work, so type "timerefresh" at console to see how crap ure FPS are. No pings on the score board either, so type "ping" at console to see ure crappy ping. Bind impulse 22 to a key, sort out ure team binds (NEED ROX AT BASE!, or HAVE FLAG), grab a rune (you'll find out soon enough what they're for), and try not to lag-fall into the lave/slime.

Should be interesting to see who comes crawling out of the woodwork when they see a vanilla server. Typical games this evening should look like this:

player(3) eats player(1)'s buckshot.
    player(1) TAAAKE IT!

Hail To The King, Baby.

[DD]Jaden.

Advertisement