Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a new game!

Options
  • 25-11-2003 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Its probably my addiction for games and my neverending search for the best games that gave me the idea for this thread so....

If you had the chance to create your own game, what would it be like? Lets discuss your brightest, shiniest, most action-packed, multiplayer-friendly new game ideas! I want you to really think about it. Use your imagination. Describe your great characters and complex plots and everything! If you are any good with photoshop or drawing post in your visuals for your ideal game :D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Why?? so you can steal our ideas?! and our pants?! IM ON TO YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

You work for EA, dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't think EA are that desperate yet. Besides the whole "refresh the graphics, engine, tweak the gameplay and change the year number" seems to be working fine for them at the mo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Sounds a bit like an assignment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Penis connector

Its like that Christmas Simpsons with Gary Coleman + the Toy Company. Odds are we see a GAA game with bullet time, ATI compatability and role playing elements by Christmas...

Were beyond the looking glass here people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Why?? so you can steal our ideas?! and our pants?! IM ON TO YOU!
    I'm thinking more of us sharing our ideas.
    You work for EA, dont you?
    No.
    Sounds a bit like an assignment.
    No its not.

To be honest i was thinking about becoming a games developer and am looking to the game gurus of baords.ie for inspiration.

Have you ever played Daikatanna? You should make something like that.. lol.. infact you should hire John Romero as your lead designer lol... lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A nice squad-based sci-fi game with multiple player views ala Hired Guns on the Amiga.
    That was way ahead of its time.

Perhaps with some nice custom weapon and armor developement facilities, and some good old RPG elements, which each character differing in accuracy, speed, range, maybe computer hacking ability, conversation/persuasion skills and so forth, and having to use your team well to get the missions done.

Could be very interesting if done well.

That a good response for you, sci0x?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yep thanks it was the same kinda idea i was thinking of myself. I love RPGs also, there totally addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Hurling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

A remake of the last ninja games is something I'd like to see. Could be done like splinter cell, except faster, more furious game play, and more freedom in the environment. Not so linear.

I actually think this would be a great film if done properly as well. There hasn't been a decent ninja film in a while AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

How about a 'game' that allows the user to design the game and then programs it automatically!

It'd be a winner, I tell ya!
    Shouldn't be too hard.:D

Advertisement