Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Declares war

• 25-11-2003 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

sorry if this has been posted before.

One day (pre gulf war 2) saddam hussaien is sitting at home when his phone rings. He
    Next day paddy rings back up and says, yep just lettin ya know the war is still on we got some equipment. Whatpicks it up and a voce witha heavy accent says, is that saddam, he says yes. The man said, my name is paddy, im from cavan in ireland and im calling you up to declare war. Saddam says well thats very serious how big an army do you have. Well theres me, my cousin sean and the domineos team from the pub so thats eight all together. OK said saddam, do you know i have an army of over 1 million at my command. I'll call ya back says paddy.

The next day paddys calls up and says, yep the war is still on we got some equipment. What equipment did you get asked saddam, paddy said, we got two combine harvesters and three tractors, saddam says, dont you know i have 14,000 tanks and 20,000 personelle carriers. By the way my army as increased to one and a half million since we last spoke. Hold on says Paddy i'll ring you back.

The next day he calls bacl again and says, yeah just lettin ya know the war is still on. My cousin Seamas has a glider plane we managed to put a few guns in it and the war is on. Sadam says dont you know i have 3,000 state of the art fighter planes and each of my cities is guarded by laser guided surface to air missiles. My army has increased to 2 million since we last spoke. Hold on says Paddy i'll call you back.

The next day paddy calls back and says, yep bad news the war is off. Really says saddam thats too bad, how come? Paddy says.....well i had a word with the lads and there is no way we can feed 2 million prisoners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

the misssing parts in the first paragraph make it hard to follow :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

was that typd by a sevn year old.
    Seems as if a section is missing. Not a great joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Rabies
    was that typd by a sevn year old.
    Seems as if a section is missing. Not a great joke.
    haha!

The original joke was almost as funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by Nolimits
    sorry if this has been posted before.

One day (pre gulf war 2) saddam hussaien is sitting at home when his phone rings. He picks it up and a voice with a heavy accent says, is that saddam, he says yes. The man said, my name is paddy, im from cavan in ireland and im calling you up to declare war. Saddam says well thats very serious, how big an army do you have. Well theres me, my cousin sean and the dominos team from the pub so thats eight all together. OK said saddam, do you know i have an army of over 1 million at my command.

I'll call ya back says paddy.

The next day paddys calls up and says, yep the war is still on we got some equipment. What equipment did you get asked saddam, paddy said, we got two combine harvesters and three tractors, saddam says, dont you know i have 14,000 tanks and 20,000 personelle carriers. By the way my army as increased to one and a half million since we last spoke. Hold on says Paddy i'll ring you back.

The next day he calls back again and says, yeah just lettin ya know the war is still on. My cousin Seamas has a glider plane we managed to put a few guns in it and the war is on. Sadam says dont you know i have 3,000 state of the art fighter planes and each of my cities is guarded by laser guided surface to air missiles. My army has increased to 2 million since we last spoke. Hold on says Paddy i'll call you back.

The next day paddy calls back and says, yep bad news the war is off. Really says saddam thats too bad, how come? Paddy says.....well i had a word with the lads and there is no way we can feed 2 million prisoners.

straighened it out on behalf of the original poster. for some reason it's not any funnier though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

the punchline is crap but the main part of the joke is funny.
    i like the imagery of some farmers putting guns on a glider plane, very funny.

p.s. ive been at war with andorra for about two years now.
    so far ive gotten no replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

i'd like to apologise, i accidently deleated part of the first paragraph, i thought i had put it back in right but i was tired and i didnt re-read it.

sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the concept is funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Was a good joke. An absolute chore to read. I read the "amazing spell check" post faster than i read that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

ah, it was a decent joke:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

well i liked it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

dominos team from the pub, rofl:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

the joys of copy and paste....

Advertisement