Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 release date

Options
  • 11-11-1999 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Oh joy, come Nov 26th we should all have it and we should all play it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

thats *****and u know it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thought UT was suppose to be out exactly 2 weeks before q3a?
    that would mean its out in 2 days?
    could it possibly be so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Um i think thats the demo release date.
    I might be wrong though smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yeah isn't that just the new 100Mb Demo release you were talking about Death?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

ID and Epic have been playing chicken IMHO. ID have been waiting for Epic to announce that UT is gold before releasing the Q3 demo on the same day to steal UT's thunder. Meanwhile UT is done and dusted and off getting boxed ready for the end of this month. At the end of the day we are all guessing (some with more info than others) only ID and Epic know the real story!

You can be sure Q3 will not be out later than the end of the first week in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

can't wait, gonna buy both smile.gif

having said that, if the vvankers release it in the states first and make us wait till after christmas for it i'll warez the goddam things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

This supposed demo release info was sent in saying that Activision Europe said the demo will be out in a few days. When asked, id's Todd Hollenshead about it and he quickly squashed this rumor with this response:

Yep. That person has no idea what they're talking about and that's really
    all there is to say about it.

tsh

Lucutus of Borg

the 26th is not in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Game are taking orders for it(then again it could be delayed but i hope not)

Soon you will call me MASTER

Monty

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 11-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

er yeh, Game, EB et al were taking orders for tiberian sun 2 months before it was out smile.gif

boxes on the shelf with "you cant buy this until...."(or somthing similar) written on them.

ID will most likely release the Q3A demo around the same time UT goes gold, they live in fear smile.gif

• Advertisement

They have a little add for the 26th and you get a free T shirt or something. Go into game you'll see what I mean. Only time will tell, if I'm right(14 days).

smile.gif

carmack was fixing riva128 support in his last worklog, i think we'll b seeing it sooner rather than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Urr... but UT has gone gold. And, afiak, GTi are currently sitting on thousands of pressed, boxed and packaged copies. Not sure what they're waiting for now, but I suspect it's the Q3A launch date - they want to be there first, but not TOO far ahead of Q3A.

Ja,
    Rob

With the Q3A demo out it looks like my prediction(or trustingness{is that a word}) will be right.... 11 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ah rob, ever heard of a little concept called "building suspense" smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 15-11-99).]

Advertisement