Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SDIO WiFi card for HP Ipaq 1940

• 25-11-2003 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

Has anyone found a local source for the SDIO WiFi card that Sandisk and other sources are selling in the USA? Amazon.com were selling for $96.00 a week ago, but not to Europe. Of course, Amazon.co. uk had no trace of it.

The HP Ipaq 1940 is brilliant, but I would like to get a bit more Internet than cable-attach. I'll get a Bluetooth adapter for my PC, but it would be better to rove a bit further with WiFi.

Or should I wait for the combined Storage/Wifi SDIO, same as the new CF card just announced with 128 Mb and 802.11b?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

VBNets say they have it in stock - details here...

sure if you don't *need* it now would be worth getting the combo (mem/wifi) card, but the original scheduled date for the current wifi (only) card slipped by months, so not sure how long you'll be waiting... and i'd certainly want to read some reviews / feedback on how the combo card works first (adding a bit more waiting time)...

when you do get one make sure to check the website for the latest drivers...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

expansys.co.uk (or their shop on register.com) had sdio wifi cards in a week ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Thanks Secret_Squirrel, I got the Sandisk "card" (not much bigger than a stamp!) in vbnets as suggested above. Also got a Bluetooth Adaptor with reputed 100 mtr range. €100 for wifi, €35 odd for BT, not bad.

Lots to do!!:)

Advertisement