Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any games like neocron in development?

• 25-11-2003 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know of any mmorpg's like neocron that are curently being developed iv had alot of fun with neocron but i want something new and the combat system in most mmorpg's bores me
    i want something thats a good blend of rpg and fps like neocron is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Face of Mankind

its got a better engine and a design team thats about 3 times the size of Reakktor.

plus it looks cool :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya looks promising iv signed up for beta i hope i get in i heard it might be starting soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by jaggeh
    Face of Mankind

its got a better engine and a design team thats about 3 times the size of Reakktor.

plus it looks cool :P

So they have three developers? :p

Hey Tux are you a FoMK groupie? :)

The reason I ask is FoMK have asked all thier fans to spam message boards with such kind of posts. To the point where they are turning into quite a hated company.

Neocrons CEO even has listed out why they are banning some FoMK people from posting on thier boards...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83688

Intresting read that FoMK basically stole a lot of NCs ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

interesting never knew about that
    neocron is a step in the right direction for mmorpg's as far as im concerned so it isnt suprising that other developers will copy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Hobbes, you should really look at fomk before saying they stole all their ideas.

Different engine, different setting, different goals, no levelling, proper factions, real dieing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

FoMk isnt ripping off Neocron every cyberpunk style game is going to look basically the same.

If your looking for a game that FoMk ripped off then its Deus Ex but neocron did the same.

Oh and I think MJS said NC has 3 people on the development team so that would give FoMk about 9 people if they really do have 3 times as many people working on it.

Originally posted by Celt
    Hobbes, you should really look at fomk before saying they stole all their ideas.

Different engine, different setting, different goals, no levelling, proper factions, real dieing.

I didn't say they stole thier ideas, I said NC guys said they stole some of thier ideas (read the link). They also spammed the hell out of the NC forums while deleting any positive posts about neocron on thier forums (left negative ones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

before this gets out of hand, the reference in that post was to FOMK forums, they have a forum called brainport. As to the spamming, and deleteing etc i havent seen it, then again i read the forums as often as i clean my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I didn't say they stole thier ideas, I said NC guys said they stole some of thier ideas (read the link). They also spammed the hell out of the NC forums while deleting any positive posts about neocron on thier forums (left negative ones).
    Intresting read that FoMK basically stole a lot of NCs ideas.
    Stated as if fact.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Celt
    Stated as if fact.

Like said.. as the NC CEO said they stole. So yes it would be a fact that he said it.

Take it to the FoMK forum fanboi :p

Advertisement