Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 to PC adaptor yet again.

Options
  • 25-11-2003 1:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry guys i know its been asked before.
    Im looking for a double PS2 adaptor to play PES3 on my pc with PS2 pad.
    Ive checked all links i got form this sort of thread in search menu but no luck.
    Anything i come up with is over 20 euros when ive seen guys say they got one from play.com for 7 euros.
    The problem is i cannot find them on play.com , maybe someone has direct link or to another site?
    Someone directed me to consoleplus.com but their one is over 20 euros and just not worth imo.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=114167

Its 7 pounds sterling. It used to be cheaper I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its a pile of ****e. i gave it a thourough hammering in an ikkle review in another post a month or two ago. the best one out there is this http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=161&products_id=255&

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's not crap. It works perfect here in all games i tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the laggy input, the driver that crashes when both motors are used in a force feedback effect, the poor sampling rate of the analouge sticks. its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I still don't understand what the big deal is with the Playstations controller. It was designed for a childs hands. Look at every other console controller that has been released since the Playstation - they're all much bigger, with easier to reach buttons and sticks.

I've said it before but this is the best games controller I've ever owned, and I've owned a few....

http://europe.thrustmaster.com/products/d_prd.php?p=T39&fam=5

It's extremely comfortable, with nice button placement and a lovely feel to it. Plus, it's €20 from Komplett!!! You can even get a force feedback version for €27.

Si.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Can someone recommend one that doesn't suffer from lag. I bought this one and Street Fighter 2 is unplayable.

The only good ones seem to be Dual Shock only. I need one that has PSOne digital input so I can use my Namco arcade sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I bought one in maplins and it is really good, i didnt get any delay or anything. I think its €12.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Seems like a few of us are looking for a good converter, having said that I never really thought there would be much difference in them.

I was going to order the one in play.com together with the Two Towers DVD but after what DiscoStu said I'm having second thoughts.

DiscoStu is there any place in UK that sells the converter you recommended as the carriage from Lik Sang would probably be more expensive than the converter itself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

right will throw this spanner into the proverial works :

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/uk-pcc-ptua

Interesting thread as i was about to get one for xmas as gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I bought the one in Peats it 20 Euro and i never had any trouble playing street fighter or any game ive played ive used it on a hell of a lot of different emulators and ive ised it on win98 winME and winxp so in my experience its a great device
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Block (8
    play.com together with the Two Towers DVD
    Wee bit cheaper from the link in my sig (only about five euros but you might as well blow it up your nose as theirs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by peterk19
    I bought the one in Peats it 20 Euro and i never had any trouble playing street fighter or any game ive played ive used it on a hell of a lot of different emulators and ive ised it on win98 winME and winxp so in my experience its a great device
    Pete

id also recommend the one in peats. its €20 but its perfect on any game ive ever tryed it with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    id also recommend the one in peats. its €20 but its perfect on any game ive ever tryed it with

Does anybody have a link. I don't know what peats is. Also, does it work with digital pads because I'm not going to be using a Dual Shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Chopster......I hope thats not the prezzie you gonna get for me as I'm buying one for you too as you can see from my post just above yours :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

.......u should be so lucky........:cool:

Advertisement