Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit my download speed?

Options
  • 25-11-2003 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a program to limit my download speed?
    I know Getright and those will do it, but i am lookin for something to do it
    with IRC etc.

Program that will limit my whole connection to what i want?

Reason is i am on a small network and dont want to take up all the bandwidth.....

thanks,

toil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the term for what you are looking for is bandwidth throttling. a quick google will give you lots of leads, but tbh most of them will probably refer to using it with network servers rather than desktops. you might find something useful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bandwidth Controller will do it, but it's a pay-for-it program.

Looking for a freeware/OpenSource alternative myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Have a go at netlimiter it lets you adjust how much bandwidth that you want a particular program to have fairly usefull tbh, sorry I dont have url on meh but a quick search will bring up lots of results. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

Yea i have been using DU super controler,
    but you have to pay for it after 15 days! :-(
    So looking for somehting free....
    will try netlimiter....

thanks

toil

Advertisement