Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital sound cable

• 25-11-2003 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hey,

A friend of mine has given me a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers, but can't find the digital speaker cable to connect the speakers to my computer.

It's a Boston Acoustics BA7500 set, does anyone know if you can get these kind of cables from maplin/peats or somewhere like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

If you mean the cable/adapter that has a box with 6 phono outlets, I'm pretty sure I saw them in Peats, on the right hand wall as you approach PC counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

hmm, no, not quite.

The cables for the speakers all go into the sub-woofer itself, along with a control cable and AC.

The sub connects to the green audio out port on the computer itself afaik.

I have an analog cable from my other speakers (same make) and it would work except this sub-woofer doesn't have an Analog-in port, only a digital in.

I have a digital cable from my old speakers but it's a different connecter - and there's only 2 speakers with that so it's not much use anyway.

Basically the cable would look like a thick headphone cable with 2 headphone style (phono??) connectors, but be a digital cable rather than analog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

try richer sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Richer Sounds is no more, unless your in Belfast. X music their sister shop is still there but its more for DJ equiptment.
    As regards the speakers I have the same setup and I recieved a coaxial cable with it but I couldn't get sound out of more than 2 speakers with that config so I went back to using the 2 analog cables. Sounds fine to me to me that way anyways 8).

Problem with that being that there's no analog input on the sub :s

it's a BA75000 actually, not 7500 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Ohh right didn't know they exsisted, in that case I can't help you. You sure thats the model number? Google didn't turn up anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

If you have a digital soundcard it'll be a single cable with an rca (phono) on one end and a headphone jack at the other.

If you dont have a digital soundcard, and theres no analog input on the sub your screwed.

Oh I know the soundcard does digital, it's from my ASUS N-force deluxe board :)

As for the rca (phono) lead, that's what the digital cable from my smaller set of speakers is like, but doesn't look right for the larger sub.

Model-number wise I checked on the speakers and it says BA 75000, but any of the pictures on the web for BA 7500's look like the right thing.

Advertisement