Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

min Spec for Q3

Options
  • 15-11-1999 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Whats the lowest spec anyone's got it running smoothly on???(q3test 1.0 sunglasses.gif

I got it on a
    P133
    40MB RAM
    TNT graphics card...

I have it running on medium detail,

I have to get a new PC soon!

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 15-11-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I think they have it down as a 233-266
    depending on whether its a AMD or PII or PIII

With about 64mb ram

and a 4mb Grphx Card (for high end chip)
    and an 8mb grphx Card (for lower end chip)

-Must Have full Open GL.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, if you try to run it without GL support, Q3 will just laugh at you.
    I had it running fine on my old P166MMX on just 48MB's RAM.
    But that was Q3Test v0.7... not sure how it'd run with the bots 'n all, but internet play was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I had a quick bash around on the single player game on my machine last night (celeron 400 o/c 500, 64mb ram, v3), it was grand but suffered badly every now and then from severe drops in frame rate when I ran through a wall of blood. Anyone else getting this ? I suppose I'll have to turn off all the fancy $hite.

Has anyone had the opportunity to play it over the net yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It runs very smoothly on mine, a pIII 500, 192 megs o RAM, V3 AGP. Tho i do notice the same thing Tin there, it jerks badly if you gib someone right in front of you and it has to cover the screen in messy bits. Maybe its to simulate the players horror at what he just did smile.gif Or maybe it just hasnt been programmed properly yet.

Advertisement