Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insular mentality of some q2 players

Options
  • 14-11-1999 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

anybody drop by q2-2.ign lately? depending on who's there i wouldn't bother.sort of a private club really seems to me. I always play the brit servers,friendly players,not too serious and witty binds.thought i'd give the irish ones a try but am a bit dissapointed. one or two of the players were ok, but the rest never even say hello. It would probably be outside their thinking to contemplate asking you to join in a game.i suppose this attitude is why you dont see many european clans playing on it.open up your minds ppl. (as i say a few players were sound, they know who they are)
    may the roach be with you all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That and the utterly bollo<ks connection that anyone from the UK or Europe gets to those servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I dunno about recently (very few ppl play any more at all) but I always found that the Q2 people were a very helpful bunch in general towards newbies, with a few exceptions who shall remain nameless.

You wouldn't have been joining a server with a maximum playerlimit set, would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭spartacus

our clan has members in england, we played a german clan on the server last week (one of the irish guys from df or hiv was very helpful)its not the ping, its the attitude.if the max player limit is set fair enough, but they dont even say hello when you connect.if you are not one of the boys they dont want to know (course we now have 2 female players )they are basically lacking in manners and not very friendly.
    let he who hath understanding reckon the number of the roach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭MrBlonde

Pee Wee play RA2 on Baz ? same Pee Wee?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well to be honest the player limit sets itself automaticly so i wouldnt mind it

as for the whether people are rude or not, i guess some poeple just like to play when they are on a server and talk on irc.

people say hi to other people on the server if they know them. not coz they have joined a server..if you know what i mean.

dont be so harsh when judging ppl just because no-one said hello to you when you joined a server. i very rarely say hi to ppl i know well...if im in the middle of a game.
    i'll say hello afterwards.
    but if anyone needs help on a server or on these boards, i am always willing to help, as are the majority of q2 players.

we are a happy family.
    when we arent at each others necks.....

and the reason you dont see many european clans playing on the servers are coz the pings are sh1te.
    abnd yes, they are sort of like a private training ground. HIV and DF are the only two clans that do train on them.
    but thats only coz most of the other times...no-one is there. if you happen on the servers when theres a match or training obviously on, then you will prolly be asked to leave.
    they arent being horrid or anything. if you are on training and we come on you can tell us to ga away.
    swings and round-a-bouts

but like i said. we are all very nice really smile.gif
    specially me.
    well known for my pleasant disposition and anicdotal humour that many have learned to love

hey, have a nice day.

• Advertisement

afraid i don't agree.even when you connect and they are not playing they dont acknowledge your presence.I played with 2 guys last night, just messing,and they did'nt type one word.Another thing is everyone logs off without saying cya. The ping from abroad is as good as i can get here as was obvious in the game we played last week against a german clan.Most euro's have cable so its not a prob for them.If irish players were more friendly you would get a lot more players on the server.We are playing a british clan this week on the server.attitude and manners go a long way, guess thats why we got 2 female players. How many of the irish clans can say the same i wonder?
    some day all roach's will be made this way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Spartacus......you know nothing of ingnorance until you play on some of the US West Coast servers....they are experts in the fine art of ingnoranting it up!!!!

I have never had ****e on the Irish servers to date...never seen you there either...so draw what you will from that.

In short let people get to know you...play and stop moaning...I meant this in the best possible way.

you misunderstand my friend.drop by net com
    194.42.225.230 any night and see the difference.Its not moaning i'm just pointing out the reasons why i think no one plays on q2-2.ign.it makes no difference what the yanks do, we dont have to imitate everything that comes from the good ol usa.This idea of let them get to know you smacks of cap in hand mentality coz the players are good. i dont question their skill just their attitude.then again maybe they want to keep the server for themselves. fair nuff but make it a private server then.as i say some of the players are a1 (probably the more mature) but the majority are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

quitting in the middle of a duel? omg,i wonder who that was :p

if someone doesn't know u spartacus they ain't gonna say hi, i've played the odd game on netcom test over the weekend and didn't get that much chat from the rc folk on it, not that i was expecting any as they didn't know me. hiv will give u lads a game in order to get to know you some nite, we can use the quake.ie servers or our uk server, which ever suits.

oh the one evening i seen u on i tried to say hello but overflowed before i got the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Probable answer: q2 has been out for nearly two years and many people are either sick to the back teeth of it, especially the frigg!n Edge smile.gif Or didnt like it in the first place e.g. most q1ers who prefer their lovely four shades of brown.

Also, with UT and q3 now both coming out imminently, interest will decline further yet. I myself think UT pi$$e$ all over q2, and as such will probably be playing that in the New Year, plus q3 a bit as well. q2 was the first game I played online and I've played it constantly for eighteen months now, but there comes a time when you have to admit that its day is gone sad.gif However, that said we'll give you boys a game anytime you like smile.gif

I do recall the days of pickup wars on the servers when you could be pretty much guaranteed a 3v3 or 4v4 any time you called onto the server, however that ended nigh on a year ago, and just got worse when Tribes (ech) etc. appeared. Its essential to arrange a 4v4 these days if you want one. Having said that there does seem to be a few more peeps on of late, so perhaps q2's second wind is coming smile.gif i've been playing ffa on UK dm servers for too bleedin' long now smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

People not saying Hi. Well if there in the middle of a game then the likely hood is that their not concentrating on the messeges at the top.Plus you stop to type hello and you invarably get bloody typed fraged smile.gif

I rarely play on quake.ie anymore 1) Because theres never many on it. 2) When not playing CLan wars i prefer FFA games and RA2 . There's no FFA server on quake.ie and the Ra2 server never has peeps on it as opposed to Barrysworld which is nearly always full.

People leaving Duels in the middle of them well thats annoying. I remember playing Nicky in a Duel at q1 and then q2 he was using a different name but i suspected, and trust meh its tempting to leg it as your normaly 20 or so frags down halfway through but doing that is very annoying. But you must also remember that things do come up, phone calls real life stuff happens and you got to go. IE. Playing on Friday night b4 you go out and your lift gets here etc.

Well thats my reckoning. Spartacus what the ip for the server you lads play on m8.

JM

TIP for Peewee....import your text into word...spell check it first before slandering me...it makes you look foolish...you don't want that now do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

You have to excuse Cyril (Peewee) there Spartacus. He's still waiting for his balls to drop and so feels the need to act like a moron constantly. Mind you he is a prime example of your point about some q2 players being vvankers - the fact that he himself is never seen on a server is neither here nor there.

Don't worry spart.....Peewee is completely unable to play q2...fear not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i have to back peewee up there, i played him over the weekend on quake.ie, hes a decent dueler, well, he beat me but then who doesn't smile.gif

I am noticing a trend here Peewee. Once a month you come out with a dumb bad tempored ill mannered foul mouthed outburst.......

.....i guess what i am trying to ask is, (as I watch so much television)...which is better...Always plus or Bodyform?

*****!!

oh....and ill duel you tonight if yas like....should be a good warm up for the evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Q

In case Spartacus is getting confused by now, I've just snipped all of Peewee's posts.

why?...I am all for not tolorating sh*t but ....in all fairness....that was me a Peewee having a laugh off eachother....nobody else involed.

How in GOD's name can you justify that Q?

Please...entertain me.

Post snipped due to him abusing a new player under a thread started by the player in question about established q2 players having an attitude. The majority of people who use these boards are sick of Peewee's ignorant name calling and abuse, he signs a statement when he registers a nick saying he will not do this, then goes and does it.

All future posts from him will be deleted instantly if they contain any abuse or ignorant remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Snip him to death the dumbass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

*LOL*

You tell 'em Q!

Nice one matey, that was under a minute! smile.gif

Al.

Don't you mean that the fact *you* are posting these pathetic, moronic and ultimately pitiable postings in the first place is pretty sad?

No? Then go back to reading "Ann and Barry" Peewee.

Also applying a little simple logic might have shown you that it is insane to accuse Q of showing "cowardness" [1] when, as you say yourself "they dont relate" to him.

I almost feel pity for you.
    Al.

1. I refer you to the note about spellchecker above.

Leg-End!

Ah, I was wondering who was in the guise the omniscient Q. Lo there mate smile.gif Any craic with ya?

Al.

[Addition after seeing his latest pathetic drivel]

That's just even more wretched than the last post you submitted. Oh dear, now we're resorting to physical violence. Just don't even start.

You contemptible, worthless piece of cr@p.

Al.

PS Is anyone else enjoying this?!? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 15-11-99).]

Of us? We are many. Of him ? But one..

Cya at Dre's party smile.gif

And we can always call in Eric when the going gets rough!! smile.gif LOL

Soz Eric! smile.gif

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

quake 2 died shortly after CTF was released!

the server we play on is 194.42.225.230:27910 or enta when its up. we ALWAYS say hello and goodbye.the question of being too busy to say hello in a game is fair enough,though you must be wonderful players to never look at messages during a game. course there is an esoteric little procedure called binding, A= say "hello".
    roach on tommy

• Advertisement

I understand!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement