Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insular mentality of some q2 players

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Spartacus, I think the lack of players on the irish servers has more got to do with the fact that the Irish q2 scene is pretty much gone. Theres only two active clans now as opposed to six or more a year ago. The two clans in question (HIV & DF) compete in UK dm and ctf leagues as no Irish league exsists anymore.

The net result is that those servers do tend to get used for practices cos the Irish players get good conns to them. tho HIV use our own server in the UK now as it gives a more realistic idea of what pings and lag are likely to be like on the night.

As for individual players attitudes thats down to the people in question - just ask them what their problem is smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

no seriously, you are such dicks, i get the exact same thing, quitting in the middle of a duel is the main thing that annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭spartacus

nice 1 ct,i can tell you've got a good attitude.question:why is the scene so empty?
    possible answer:attitude.
    remedy:i'm going to organize as many of our clan bangs on the server as possible and promote the ip as much as i can.course it would help if ppl made an effort to smile.gif when strays drop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

but my a button is already bound to messagemode2.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Then you can say hello to Spartacus if you and he are on the same team!! Sheesh what a muppet smile.gif

btw Eamo, Jason came over Sunday to buy my old PC and lent me the Return of the One-Armed Swordsman, so theres a bit of chop-socky on some night this week if ya want smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Ladies and gentleman, Ireland has a new rapartee to add to our great and noble tradition stretching far into the past and up to wilde and behan. His name:
    pee-wee.
    The sharpest intellect the world know today. Ahead of the Clintons, Gates, Spielberg, Stipe, Coupland and Santa on dream people to turn up at your party, we truly are honoured to have him in our presence. All hail PeeWee. May his glorious mind entertain us for a millenium!
    Excellin' Excelsior

By the by, Im with Sparty on this one. Ppl should just be nice. However, it is asking a bit much to interupt a game to greet all comers. Thats just silly. Once you're not rude (hey peewee) you're fine by me.

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭spartacus

Hey excel, haven't noticed too many ppl dropping by the server,snigger.Had one last night called sun but he's got several alias.Beat me good but ctroy put the unmannerly whelp in his place smile.gif
    spart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

lol bind a key to elo,if ya look at most guys configs nearly all there keyboard is allready bound to teamtalk n stuff,u know tactics smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

tho i think collie has some cool thing were he presses a button on the keyboard and all the weapon binds change to drop commands

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

Have to say that the deleting of peewee's posts is incredibly sad, im sure ive met you q, is that dan or tom or what, anyway its so damn sad, and i feel quite disgusted at the level of social (quake for gods sake) acceptance it obviously requires to do so, and the people that back it up, just **** off, sweet holy god, how did you reach such a level of self protection and awareness???

mildly amusing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

And most people on these boards find Peewee's posts incredibly sad. That said, he was at least trying to act like a human in his last few posts about q3. Then he slags creative in the .dll thread, they know each other so he's obviously messing, but it just looked like moronic abuse, at least before it was deleted wink.gif

If Peewee wants to slag his mates on the board he should friggin tone it down a bit. Another thing tho, this board is offered as a free service, and if anyone abuses it and then gets their stuff deleted, they cant really complain. They could set up their own board and spout as much $hite as they like there, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

youre such a dictator RFK

what does that stand for anyway?

really f*ckin Kack?

yeah, have a nice day....WHATEVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

:Have to say that the deleting of peewee's posts is incredibly sad, im sure ive met you q, is that dan or tom or what, anyway its so damn sad

Its naive and dreamworld attitudes like this that made Tom and I stop moderating. Go to all the other quake boards in the world, and post there so - your words will be just a drop in an ocean of crap spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Regi :"Have to say that the deleting of peewee's posts is incredibly sad, im sure ive met you q, is that dan or tom or what, anyway its so damn sad
    Its naive and dreamworld attitudes like this that made Tom and I stop moderating. Go to all the other quake boards in the world, and post there so - your words will be just a drop in an ocean of crap spam"

Its naive and dreamworld attitudes like this that encourage the likes of Peewee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Snip.

[This message has been edited by Q (edited 17-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Its naive and dreamworld attitudes like this that encourage the likes of "Q"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Its naive and dreamworld attitudes like this that encourage the likes of "office job, on-line gaming hobbie, a pseudo-love for movies (both popular and popularly unpopular) and the decision not to vote politically when given the chance"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement