Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Bayern (Predictions)

• 25-11-2003 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

big match tonight for celtic, personally I think if they can manage to win tonight then we will get through the group stages and on to the knockouts, and considering bayern record recently i can see that being very likely if all goes well.

Hedman is apparently back after having the back spasms against dundee utd on saturday so douglas looks like he is back on the sidelines again according to the papers.

It will also be a larsson / Sutton duo up front according to the papers aswell, and perhaps for good reason after claiming all the goals together against dundee utd on saturday.

I really want celtic to get through and tonight i think they will do the business needed to be done to get there, so i think i will be going for -

Celtic 2 - 1 Bayern

*touch wood*

Im not much into stats but the paper was saying that they havent lost in europe at parkhead since april 2000 (or maybe that was champions league i cant remember exactly but definately said that date) so if that is the case then long may it continue.

Anyone else, predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

bayern are up against it , but I think they will pull off a result here tonight they definatley have more quality than celtic but with the crowd behind celtic u never know but I fancy Bayern

Score 0-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I really can't wait for this match. Biggest match since, if not bigger than the Juve one. Big Chief, Celtic have only qualified for the Champions League twice and have won every match at Parkhead (Juve, Porto, Rosenberg, Lyon and Anderlecht). April 2000 must have been when they got beaten against Ajax at Parkhead :confused:. If Celtic play like they did at home to Lyon and Anderlecht its a definite win for the Bhoys. I hope Miller starts but I can see Lennon starting again :mad:.

If they can get out of the group I can see them going far as Celtic are better in the knockout stages with the home advantage as they havent lost in 60 matches at Parkhead.

2-0 Celts!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

2-1 to Celtic, if they can continue recent form. :) Gwan the h00ps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I also think if Douglas is in goal they will really struggle he is very dodgy on crosses from what I have seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

celtic wont lose, almost guarantee that. really depends what form bayern are in, they can be impossible to break down and lethel on the attack or they have no midfield and lack ideas.

my guess is 1-0 celtic. its scottish and german teams afterall. surely there wont be more than 2 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tough opposition for celtic but if they produce a performance like they did in the last match they can do it. One thing is certain O Neill will have them well prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

3 - 1 to celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

even if Celtic and Bayern both play like they did against each other in the first game I can see Celtic winning because Celtic definitely deserved at least a point, if not a win, out of that match. Bare in mind that Bayerns win against Celtic was the first win in 7 champions league matches and they haven't won since. They have turned into the Arsenal of Germany.

BTW - Miller and Balde with the two goals.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan the real HUN! ;)

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

miller to get a goal 3-1 to celtic!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bayern to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i dont want to jinx anything.. but

come on celtic :D

Advertisement