Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

expansys.co.uk wireless card problem

• 25-11-2003 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I know there is only a small chance of someone else having this problem ... but nonetheless:
    I ordered a Netgear WAG311 (PCI 802.11a+b+g, WPA, seperate aerial etc) from Expansys.co.uk for the princely sum of approx STG£56 (£5 next day delivered from UK by FEDEX, even though it says royal mail special delivery, cheap!) ...
    It was looking good (apart having to wait a week for the item to be in stock) but the muppets sent me the WG311 (notice the lack of the 'A') ... which is a far inferior product and most importantly it does not support 802.11a, which I am using for my network ..... they obviously dont have a clue what to do about it because they havent answered emails from me asking for an RMA so they can send me the product I ordered .... so, beware! .....

:rolleyes: dammit, I was hoping to move my noisy fileserver out into the garage or somewhere ..... fricking thing is noisy

(Note: On the page with the pic of the WAG311 and description of the WAG311, only in one place did it have the name, and I only noticed afterwards that it said WG311, but because of the evidence to the contrary on the rest of the page I put it down to being a typo)

I'll keep you posted on developments....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Feck, got an email today ..... "send it back for a refund", they were advertising the wrong product :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

"worst customer service ever"

I've rung them a few times and they sound like they dont want to talk to you and really REALLY dont want to help you.

Advertisement