Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java assessment!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-11-2003 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hey dudes

im doing electronic and computer engineering, and we got a java assignemnt next week////

bearing in mind its our first assignment, any tips for this?

mostly everyone in the class hates java, im no exception, but i must try and get my brain around it.

we have done graphics, numbers, and frames so far, i think.......most people have been asleep most of the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

whats the assignment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

The API is your friend though don't let it give you any really funky ideas during assignments.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I wouldn't suggest playing much with frames etc unless they're asked for in the project specification.

They're a hassle in general. It's much handier to deal with java on the command line. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by x in the city
    any tips for this?

mostly everyone in the class hates java, im no exception
    My tip is:
    Switch courses to something you don't hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

we have done graphics, numbers, and frames so far, i think.......most people have been asleep most of the time.

Ugh, teaching from the top down horrifies me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Type the assignment into google or Source Forge is a good place, but doubt they'd have an assignment. But when you get a project to do, head straight there!!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

aiiiiii

i cant drop it, im doing electronic and computer engineering, the java is part of the computer part, as well as software engineering........which is even worse than java!

im into computers, but more of the hardware, but it seems you need to know all this stuff as well, what shyte

oh yea, i got a assignment for next february, for software ngineering, i need to do uml diagrams and what not for a space invaders clone......

hmmmmm

wonder if atari can help me......

Pah, easy... post up the assignment and I'll see what I can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

i cant drop it, im doing electronic and computer engineering, the java is part of the computer part, as well as software engineering........which is even worse than java!

im into computers, but more of the hardware, but it seems you need to know all this stuff as well, what shyte
    Okay, you're into hardware and you're going to have to take the rough with the smooth. Try to learn to respect software even if you don't actually like it (like me with hardware).

*Pah, easy... post up the assignment and I'll see what I can do.*

sure will !

the assignment is jsust to develop uml diags for a space invaders clone. its for february, and is a pretty big assignment,

software and computer programming is all new to me, but as someone said you gotta take the rough with the smooth and just get on with it,

still pretty buggered for the java next wednesday thou........

i can type out a hello world program, thats the only thing that im sure will work 100%:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

why don't you just do computer networking then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

drop out of college and become a painter.

i dont think so........

the reason of going back in the first place is to get a decent job in this rat race we call work......

my car just passed the nct, cant beat the honda........

anyone wanna buy it? 6,900 ......vtec coupe!

I'll give you €10 for it!!

the assignment is jsust to develop uml diags for a space invaders clone. its for february, and is a pretty big assignment,
    100%:p

Post up as much of the requirements so I can see how much and many diagrams u want then I can give u a hand. i.e. U want use cases only? Or activity and class and sequnce diagrams aswell??!

P.S: I aint going to do it for you, just point you in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

is it an assignment ..or an assessment? there's not a lot we could tell you BEFORE you get the question... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Umm ye you seem to be very shy in the old "giving useful info" department:p, what exactly is this assignment for next week about???. No Info No Help.....pretty easy formula.

hi dude

i will get back to you on requirements, im sure its for all classes and what not

im doing software engineering now, i was after driving up from kerry and i was fcuked, i went to bed at 1.30 and up at 5. i went for a nap some where on the way to mayo, my class is over soon......

!

anyways, will chat with ya soon.

ps: its a assessment..

we got java assignment 2moro, im in a wee bit of bother for that 1

ezza

Advertisement