Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Html/JSP Problem

Options
  • 25-11-2003 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Im working on a website project for college which incorporates JSP pages and I have run into a problem. Basically when a user logs in, the jsp script will have a diff menu based on the users ranking in the database. The problem in when someone logs in I need a seperate frame to instantly refresh, instead of having to click a link. I was thinking along the lines of <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="1;url=menu2.htm; target=leftFrame" > but that doesnt work. Anyone any suggestions?

Joe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It might help if you posted a URL to look at what you've done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

I would if i could but its not online as im running all the jsp off a local server here on this computer. I found a kinda solution using javascript:

<script>
    setTimeout("top.leftFrame.location = 'menu2.htm'", 1000);
    </script>

But for some reason the images dont load with it :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You need to preload the images
    try this in the head
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function loadImage(){
    img1 = new Image(200,200)
    img1.src = "mypic.gif"