Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic-v-Bayern (Score)

• 25-11-2003 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

A match which i think that Celtic should have one they had a load of really good chances but just couldnt score from them.

Lyon next week and all the need is a draw as they have beatin Lyon already

Celtic 0-v-0 Bayern

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Celtic played as good in the first half as they did against Anderlecht but they didn't convert their chances this time around. They have to beat Lyon away now to win the group or draw to come at least second. I can't see the bhoys going through now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ahhh,dont be sayin that now,if they play like they did tonight next week they have a really good chance of going through.They just have to be more clinical with theie finishing

When Celtic are playing away they are a completely different team. You can't say they have a better chance of beating Lyon because they done it already. I know Lennon played better than usual tonight but that still is not very good. Its like one of his feet are stuck to the ground when he has the ball, he doesn't move an inch. If it was anyone else I would call them a holding midfielder but he is a holding midfielder wannabe. THe likes of Keane and Vieira are holding midfielders but they still run with the ball when they have the space or are forced to.

Miller and Lennon are defenites for the Lyon game since Thompson is out so we are again stuck with no left footer on the pitch which is not good. I have a lot of respect for O'Neill but Lennon is actually more of a liability than an asset (and I mean that very seriously). If Lennon got sent off Celtic would up their game a lot and we wouldn't even notice Lennon gone off and he won't be making any stupid mistakes. Celtic have no backup in the midfield at all. For example look at the bench:

Douglas ( Goallie) Gray (defender) Sylla (Defender) Valgaeren (defender) Maloney (forward) Mjällby (defender) Miller (midfielder)

1 goalie, 1 midfielder, 1 striker and 4 defenders. Since Thompson is gonna be out against Lyon we are going to have to put youths on the bench.

Also, Lyon are an excellent team and that was proven as Elber moved to them from Bayern where he was doing very well. Also, Bayern only got one point from their games against Lyon. Because of the midfield I can't see us even getting a draw, there was one change from the last match a left winger (thompson) in for a right winger (miller) and that change will have to be done again. When is bloody Lambart coming back so we can drop Lennon???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah id still fancy celtic to go through, a draw is hard to play for but o'neill is a master at getting good performances when you need them.

disappointing result, just didnt have the killer punch, typical german side, sit back and hit you on the counter. thankfully, they too didnt have their shooting boots on.

a sloppy performance from celtic but they march on steadily, no slip up tonight and everything is still in their own hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A great game to watch and deserved a couple of goals to complete the package.

I'll say this for O'Niell and Celtic they exhibit fantastic spirit and are always a great team to watch.

Hartson was outstanding and I felt sorry for him for not scoring.

Hopefully they can progress furher with a victory over Lyonn. Their performance shows that they would probably do well in the English PL.

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A Super match but no goals!
    They should get the required result in Lyon.
    They played excellent away last season in the Uefa Cup. Actually their away performances were actually better than there Home ones during that Cup run.

I'd like to see Millar on from the start in the Lyon game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i think celtic will get a draw and go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

why did he leave it so late to bring on liam miller ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

why did he leave it so late to bring on liam miller ? and what was the point on bringin on momo sylla !!!

remeber tebilly = bombscare
    sylla is exactly the same

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    I'd like to see Millar on from the start in the Lyon game!
    Unless Miller gets injured your wish is a 100% cert to be granted. Thompson is suspended so that means Miller is in and Agathe is defenitely out injured. I just wonder if Lambert will be back by then. I would go with this line up:

Hedman

McNamara
    Mjallby
    Balde
    Varga

Lennon
    Miller
    Sutton
    Petrov

Hartson
    Larsson

McNamara has been playing at left full for a while but he is a right full so I think he should be playing there. I have Larsson more to the left as he usually stays on a wing and big John will head it on to him to make a usual run inwards. Also we will need someone to keep an eye on the left wing. Petrov should keep an eye on the left too. Celtic usually play with a back three but since Mjallby is back I think they should play four at the back as there is nobody else that can play in midfieild. If Lambert is back from injury I would put him in for Lennon but O'Neill would never drop his little buddy.

It should be interested to see who he picks though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement