Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to copy off ipod back to my PC??

Options
  • 26-11-2003 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

as per subject..... Is it possible to copy off ipod back to my PC??

Dwayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I have a 10G windows ipod, and im using xplay, and i cant put anything back onto my PC, because when you put songs onto the ipod you are copying from the original source (your hard drive), so in apples eyes why would you put them back on your hard drive if you already had them?
    a little annoying but im sure there would be some way around it?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The iPod can act as a portable Hard Disk so you could create a dir on it and copy the mp3's to there. What rabbit says also applies to the Mac. Odd though it is !!

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

yeah you can.

just use windows explorer to explore the ipod drive (make sure you can view hidden files first). Open Ipod drive Goto -> iPod_Control and in that folder you will find a Music folder (also hidden)

Open this folder, and you will find a bunch of folders (mine had 19) all numbered with F in front of them (i.e. F01, F02, F03 etc) in each of these folders are your mp3 files! If you want them back on your hard drive, just drag and drop

The file names of the mp3's are truncated though.

Advertisement