Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

request for alcohol related forum

Options
  • 26-11-2003 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

i was wonderin if we could do a forum for those who have given up alcohol or /and other chemical substances, it could really be a great help as often no more than myself, internettin becomes your new hobby instead of goin out and it could provide people wtih a chance to gain perspectives and advise which is much needed durin this time and of course would in no way repalce medical opioion but rather serve as a meeting point for support and understanding, this is often lackiin as not everyone feels ready to walk into an AA or anNA meeting,
    let me know what u think on this
    thanks
    liz
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Boards.ie would imho be an ideal location for an ' Alcohol Forum' where those contemplating stopping drinking, and/or those who have given up for any reason including life threatening addiction to Alcohol could receive support, and where they could post their individual problems.

I wholeheartedly support this socially and economically important forum suggestion.

P.
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Sounds like a good idea, might be tricky one though.
    It'd need to be private to keep the muppets out, but being private would restrict it somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Doesnt Personal Issues more or less cover all of it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

A forum for people who wish to discuss addiction is a great idea I reckon.

From people having trouble giving up cigarettes to alcoholics and people having trouble withe illegal drugs, I think it would be very helpful.

Always good to talk about that stuff and if it's to be done right I think it would need a forum of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i dont think it would attract the same muppetry as pi does.

good ider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Boards Events is alcohol related. Oh wai

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

A site for addicts. on the internet.

I can see this backfiring and boards being sued for internet addiction treatment costs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isn't their already a site run by an addiction treatment crowd like this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I think this is a v good idea and I dont think it would attract muppets and afterall thats what the big red button that has ban written all over it is for. Just got make sure eveyone knows the rule that theres no temp ban from that particular forum if ya be a muppet once your banned for life (that would be my approach on a forum of that nature anyway)

Whoevers modding it though is gonna have to super vigilant though so I defo wouldnt like to mod it. But I reckon its a good idea through and through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

can we get a "head-shop" forum?

ie: an alternantive entertainment forum
    ie: an embibing forum
    ie: a forum for people who are very fond of reggae, cereal and a couch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by ferdi
    can we get a "head-shop" forum?

ie: an alternantive entertainment forum
    ie: an embibing forum
    ie: a forum for people who are very fond of reggae, cereal and a couch

This has been asked for more times than the GLB board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

good idea but too risky for boards imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Alcoholics Anonymous Forum:

Sticky: Boards Christmas Beers 2003! ***

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I already did that joke DBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Marc's was like ten thousand times funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Well, liz2000,

Looks to me as though your humane suggestion for a Alcohol Forum is sort of stuck ?..

I think I'll go and get fluttered out of my skull, for the first time in fourteen years. Might as well start smoking again as well, while I'm at it.

P.:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by ecksor
    Let us know how you get on.

lol
    if ecksor ever stared in a production of The Wizard of Oz, he would play the tin man
    :D

Advertisement