Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it legal to ask for a refund?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edwina

oneweb Quote:
    Originally Posted by edwina
    I went to customer service desk in Dunes stores , and asked politely to exchange a pair of shoes id bought their in December 05.I explained to the staff member working there at the time , that I was returning the goods as it was obvious to see the product was faulty and not of merchantable quality, as the heel off the shoe had came off after three hours of wear.

This staff member then manipulated the situation, which left me feeling very intimated and ridiculed.

Firstly she said, well you do have these shoes four months I don’t think I can exchange them; secondly she manipulated the situation in asking me was I returning the goods due to a scrape on the heel of the matching shoe,
    As I had obviously pointed out the problem earlier she did not have the right to speak to me in this manner. She then told me she would return the shoes to quality control department, that ill have to wait atleast ten days on a reply, which I don’t have a problem with.

any suggestions on what i should next?
    should i comp[lain to the manager about this behaviour?

Sounds like BS to me. If they're going to send them off to QC, they should at least deal with the customer - replacement or refund. Chances are if you left them and returned to get a result, they could deny all knowledge. Of course their procedures may have changed since I was there.

oneweb

Thanks for that but not in my case will they deny the knowledge of the goods returned.

b4 i left Dunnes shop i asked the staff member to write her name on a reciept and also to say i had returned goods and the total amount i paid for them.

just in case of a mix up i would'en wana be losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I had the shoes for about a month b4 i wore them, but you know what, thats not the ouestion here, why did the staff treat the situation in a unreasonoable manner, she manipulated the situation in asking me was i returing the goods due to a scape on the matching shoe.

Define "unreasonable". Just because she didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear, it doesn't make her unreasonable. Nor does asking you questions as to why you're returning the shoes. We only have your side of the conversation to go on, after all, so in truth she might have been perfectly reasonable.

Advertisement