Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSB #2: Want some exposure for your band?

Options
  • 26-11-2003 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Fancy having your band feature on a compilation for free? Then read on...

Here's the deal. Jetplane Landing run label smalltown america have begun a series of compilations aimed at introducing new and exciting music to a wider audience. It works like this:

1. Band donates a track free of charge for inclusion on Public Service Broadcast compilation.

2. CD is sold, generally for £5 (sterling, as most are sold in the UK).

3. Profit from sale of CD is used to help finance production of the next PSB in line.

Please note, neither smalltown america nor any bands involved take ANY money from this venture. The idea is to increase the bands exposure, while funding the ongoing PSB project. Simple and fair you'll agree.

The first release (cunningly titled Public Service Service Broadcast #1) was a limited run of 100 copies, all of which were sold from the merch stand on JPL's current tour of the UK and Ireland. Featuring 23 acts, it included some fine numbers from Fickle Public, Distophia, 1" Volcano and Solanoid to name but a few.

Next in line is PSB #2, due for release sometime in February of next year. If you think this might tickle your fancy, drop a line to contact@smalltownamerica.co.uk with details of what you've got to offer. The postal address for submissions is:

SMALLTOWN AMERICA RECORDS
    58 CASTERBRIDGE ROAD,
    LONDON
    SE3 9AQ.

Hope this is of some use to you, thanks for reading.

www.smalltownamerica.co.uk
    www.jetplanelanding.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nice scam there buddy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Originally posted by project-mayhem
    nice scam there buddy.

here here chappy

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

LOL do people actually believe this crap?

I've seen similar posts on another few boards too.

Don't blame em' for trying to make a quick few bob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Such cynicism in one's so young...

I won't turn this into an argument, it would be a pointless exercise. You probably have seen this posted elsewhere, mainly because I have been posting it on other boards!

You doubt the authenticity of this? Check the following:

http://www.smalltownamerica.co.uk/presspdfs/psb1%20press%20release.pdf

That's the press release that accompanied the first PSB compilation.

You think bands will get scammed by this? Then explain to me why quite a number of the acts featured on PSB #1 have gone on to tour with Jetplane Landing (who own the label) on their current tour. Hardly the act of a ripped-off group now, is it? There is also contact details for all the featured acts on the press release above, so feel free to contact them and ask any to confirm this is the real deal.

Believe what you read in my first post, for it is exactly what will happen. Any interested parties with similar concerns are welcome to contact the label, at contact@smalltownamerica.co.uk, to allay those concerns. Failing that, contact me at recklessro@hotmail.com and I'll pass on your comments/worries.

Good enough?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

For am I am now converted my child. apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Why thank you. :cool:

Advertisement