Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN adaptor for Gamecube

Options
  • 26-11-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The broadband adapter is what you use to play lan GC games. You'll need top get some cable for it as well. There's no lan only adapter. Also the broadband adapters and extremely hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yup, all this is down to <i>great</i> marketing by the big N. Why do we have to rely on some college research team to come up with broadband for the cube? (warp pipe) I'm getting me x-box this friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

was looking at the cube and the xbox as well with a view to maybe get one at christmas and was wondering about this very topic.
    From reading press releases on the web it seems Nintendo launched this a year ago.
    nintendo's internet strategy
    "We understand the strong appeal of online gaming to a select group of video game players, and indeed, it's one way to increase their satisfaction in exploring new types gaming," said Peter MacDougall, Executive VP of Sales and Marketing with NOA. "To make online more appealing to the rest of the game-playing population, we're taking concrete steps to aid our development partners in overcoming some of the inherent technical and financial obstacles to successful online games." Nintendo currently is making software development kits available to developers worldwide.

Over a year later and unless i'm wrong NOTHING has been done to promote online\network gaming cube!!! How many titles even support multiplayer over lan\bb??

At this rate i think i'm leaning towards an xbox. One of my faltmates has one and being able to network them is very, very tempting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's an unofficial way of playing Mario Kart on Broadband using warp pipe (mentioned earlier). I think IGN.com have an article on it today. Don't know much else about it. So far only mario kart can be played in a lan and phantasy star online can be played online. I'm not too pushed about online play. I live in a broadbandless area (thanks errorcon) and don't have that much interest in it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement