Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England to be stripped of the world cup.

• 26-11-2003 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

It is alleged that one of the English rugby players failed a drugs test yesterday. If positive, under World Rugby Federation rules, paragraph 6 sub-section 2e England will FORFEIT the world cup and Australia will retain the crown.

Footnote:

Carlsberg don't post on Boards, but if they did this would probably be the best posts in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Ahhh... Sour grapes...

Well Ireland did well in the world, only beaten by France and Australia who were both beaten by England...

Engand are now without doubt the best team in the world... Your just jealous!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by James Melody
    Ahhh... Sour grapes...

Well Ireland did well in the world, only beaten by France and Australia who were both beaten by England...

Engand are now without doubt the best team in the world... Your just jealous!!:D

it's only a joke JM. Quit preening.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Fair Play to england for winning, and they are the best team at the monent.
    it just ment to be a joke, i would have put it the humour forum but alas i'm banned!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I guess we have to put up with their preening for a while. It's a vicious circle: the more they go on about it, the more we try and detract from their win, and so on and on...

For the record, I think it's a pretty sad joke :)

Now the one about the unknown white substance at the end of the pitch... I like that one :)

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

England are not the best team in the world, imo - either that or the quality of Rugby has declined over the last few year's.

They way I put it - if they hadn't Johnny Wilkinson, they wouldn't have won the RWC.
    This doesn't imply that they're a great team - just that they revolve around one player - like much of England's media (David Beckham => Johnny Wilkinson)

Wilkinson scored what, 30/40 points during the WC, probably more. This make's him a great kicker, but doesn't make England a great team.

In fact, i'm sure they'd suck ass if they hadn't Wilkinson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

HAR HAR WE WON UL UL GG GG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard conZ.

The bottom line is they are the best team in the world, if that is due to one player that is irrelevant. And anyway wilkonson didnt win the world cup for england they're pack did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

England have an ageing pack and their front row was there weakest area on the pitch the pack did not win them the match although neither does wilkinson deserve all the credit because it was a team effort however like most i believe england are dependant on there outhalf and actually score very few points without his boot

and no i dont believe that england man for man are the best team in the world but IMO they more than anyone else are able to work out victories better than any other team hence they were ale to win all their matches and the world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Conz and bounty hunter both of your comments are showing you up to be uneducated half-wits who havent the slightest idea of rugby. Bounty Hunter englands pack happen to be the one of englands strength, havent you ever seen them rolling the maul over endless try lines. Wilkinsons kicks were only made possible by the forwards who gave him enough space to make all the kicks, hell i could of even made most of the kicks with all the ground the forwards gained. The world cup is over now, accept it england are currently number one in the world, give them some appreciation. Anywho Roll on Six Nations

Advertisement