Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Arena 'Demo TEST'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

oh but there are footsteps smile.gif perhaps its model/level dependant or perhaps u can just turn them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Man, I have become such a nerd...

...got home after work last night at about 8, found a really fast link to the demotest, set off the download...a couple of mates called over (who don't really 'dig on those puter games'), and as soon as the download was done at around 9:30pm, I was gone into the other room, left them watching a vid, gave them a few beers and got myself dug into the demo...

...What has become of me? Am I obsessed with Q3A? I used to such a social person...

Anyway...THE GAME PHUCKIN' ROX MY WORLD BABY!

The little movie at the end? Does that change depending on the character you play as?

Anyone try the maps that were working with version 1.08? Do they still work?

Jedi, what do you think of the new gravity type settings, little strange, huh? Just as you get used to the old one!

The bots are way better than UT's as regards emulating human behaviour on the higher skill settings

I noticed iD gave us loads of kewl CTF bot commands to use, and no CTF map?!?!?! Anyone got a CTF map that can be used?

Anyway, better get back to work and stop spouting on about Q3A, *pout* It's just that RDO data access is soooooooooo boring...I don't wanna be a programmer anymore, I wanna be a games tester! sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Whats the fastest loacl site for it then?

(Today I had the good sense to bring a zip disk to college)

El, I used http://quake3.interhop.net/q3DemoTEST.exe

quite fast, not a lot of other people d/load from it. (possibly no-one else!)

wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 QuadZilla

:Anyway, better get back to work and stop spouting on about Q3A, *pout* It's just that RDO data access is soooooooooo boring...

Use ADO man... its almost as much fun as railing 4 people in a row on Q3DM7... *joy*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I went to the FTP at www.fileplanet.com (dont know the ftp address but you'll find it at quake3 section of the page.

"Respect my Authoratai"

Quad,

I so would use ADO, but I think my boss' idea is to keep my skills in the dark ages in order to hold onto some employees for a change!

sad.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

emm i played the bots on the skill below nightmare, it just did all the maps up to q3tourney and then stayed on q3tourney about 5 times.. i even got a perfect on the bot and it still wouldnt end the game.. so i got bored and played it on nightmare on q3tourney and it did the same.. do you have to beat it like 20 times in a row or something before it gives you the cinematic??

ehhh reaperbots for winquake were bloody harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

thats cos reaperbots were based on the stay around area that will give highest frags method and has an exact aim
    and they magically nicked the gl on dm4 all the time.

Koopa/Kali

What machines is it on at DCU. I dont wanna go download it so which machines would have the zip file??

Communications lab, X building where???

El

• Advertisement

3 of the back row computers have it, and 3 or 4 more in front of them

its all around you
    open your eyes and the thoughts
    of five billion people will rush
    into your mind bringing your
    senses to a new level of understanding.

back row computers in what lab sam?

In the X and in C106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Really really dissapointing demo IMO.

Gonna write a big bit about it later.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The bot command system is cool, although they could do with a little more innate teamplay intelligence.... and a voice menu, a la Tribes or UT, would be very useful as well, given the complexity of the command interface....

Shame the rest of the game is a bit on the sucky side, although the new lightening gun is an improvement over what we saw in the test. Then again, poking people with pointy sticks beats the LG in the test.

It's still bugged to bits. One rumour says we won't see it on the shelves until the new year. Commercial common sense says they'll do like they did with Q2 - release a piece of crap for Christmas, and make people download a 50Mb patch in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

You just up out of bed the rob?

Like the Rail now bar the ****ty reload time, extented bot commands are nice, but overall still doesn't come close to UT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

just played it for the very first time (yeah, I'm a bit slow at catching up with these trendy things).

I have to say that I like it. The bots are good, not too hard (haven't tried nightmare and got kicked on hte level below that, but then again, I'm not exactly in the ninja bracket of quake smile.gif ) and do make some interesting moves.

Reload of the beam weapons (both of them, rail and somethin else) is very slow though, but when you hit....

Are there any more maps available? I'd like to run around a few more, those four get a bit boring, the long yard one is fun, but too small.

shank? didn't notice anything odd with the rail reload, seemed about q2 speed for me.

shinji? bugged to hell? Err soz played it solid for an hour at lunch, no probs, plus a voice tree would b next to useless in an actual game, the binds are better as you can simulate what you would do in an actual clan match with bots.

I enjoy both games, but i'm unsure about the weapons and the levels in UT and how they will work in team game, be it ctf/dom/whatever.

i've been hassling vagga to put up demos of the uktl games, i'm interested in seeing what way the levels are played. perhaps i ain't played UT enough but i never got to the point where 1 or 2 weapons became my favorite, i always seemed to be able to go on killing sprees with any of the decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

:Really really dissapointing demo IMO.

Does that mean you don't get an 18 ping with it dave?

• Advertisement

{}

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 16-11-99).]

oi likes qwake three .. after quakeworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Quake3 takes my penis in its hands and slowly but sexually sucks it.

forget the UT v Q3a row, its RDO v ADO.

RDO is *** !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I got it running at home. Damn those bots are nasty, when on nitemare.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Nice bots... footsteps sound like thick flat metal plates attached to your feet with that orange nylon cord you find in car boots... I like the way you can save your configs sooo easily...

Nice updates on challenge ie lads. The site is shaping up nicely.

Question is "When do I get my column?"

I wanna rant about q3 a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

ummm... Sheron... Have you got a ha><0red version of Q3? If so, send it in a brown paper e-mail to amp@whatthe****.com wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

how many email addresses you got amp?

whitewash@donkey.pr0n.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

what isn't sexual about sucking a dick slowly?

is there any ****ing q3 servers around?

[This message has been edited by Vorosha (edited 17-11-99).]

Advertisement