Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Arena 'Demo TEST'

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

OK, maybe i'm missing something VERY obvious here (and im sure i am) but i cant seem to set my fov in this test.

i type

fov 120 inthe the console and it comes up as a message, WTF??

El

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

I tihnk all the commands now have to be prefixed with \, or by pressing the tab key first. Else it comes up as text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

cg_Fov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Sonic sorted this one for me,

cg_fov "110"

the inverted commas being important too.

J.

Use the Slash as well i think. Can't remember.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 17-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

BoN - try playing it on systems with oddball GFX or Soundcards. It's not pleasant. And the performance really, really needs work.

As to the voice tree... if there was one, why not use it in the actual clan games as well? Isn't it easier to type "VDD" rather than "Defending our base", and have it _said_ as well as _typed_ so people don't have to look up and read it?

Makes sense to me smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Anyone notice that you cant change levels without starting a new server

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i dont know , seriously , how come with a small bit of tweaking and messing about (4 - 5 hours)i get a solid 40 fps in q3 but 20 in UT after 3 days of tweaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

type "\map <mapname>"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

this \ thing is getting annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

press TAB then smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I dunno Sonic, I get a steady 50-60 on a single V2 in the UT demo, and cap out at 90 with a TNT2 Ultra and the new Detonator drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Heh Shinji,
    how do you find out your fps in UT? Whats the command? I've told mine to give me 45 steady, and it seems to be doing that, pretty smooth. But I'd like to have show_fps so i could see what I'm getting
    Quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

'timedemo 1' = 'show_fps 1' in ut

I've spent ages tweaking both UT and the new Q3 and I find UT runs significantly faster and with less frame dropping than Q3. My spec is a celeron 450 with 128meg ram and V2. The more ram the merrier for UT.

I don't see any improvements in gameplay that Q3 has over Q2, its the same jumping around like crazy and from what I've seen sofar the maps aint as good as the ones in Q2.

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 18-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

I agree

Advertisement