Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For A Printer

• 26-11-2003 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for a half decent printer for under a hundred quid. I need it give a goodish quality repro on photos. Does such a beast exist? and if so where do they sell them?

Corm500
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The HP 990cxi should be about 80 euros and it gives pretty good quality on photos in my experience (I have a 970). Better again, the HP5550 was under 100 at elara.ie last time I checked. Very good quality but small cartridges.

Alternatively, lidl are selling a lexmark p704 from tomorrow for 70 euros. I don't know whether it's one of those nasty chipped so you can't get compatible cartridges ones ro not though.

(the wanted board might have been better for this I suspect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by corm500
    Hi there,

I'm looking for a half decent printer for under a hundred quid. I need it give a goodish quality repro on photos. Does such a beast exist? and if so where do they sell them?

Corm500
    :confused:

Unconfirmed sighting. But I was told Dixons/ComputerCity/Currys are currently selling
    a Epson C42 Plus for 40 euros.

I bought one last year for 50 Euros from Currys. Well worth it - Photos look really good if you use the photo paper. Ink is cheap also as you can change the tank without the head.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement