Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using pdf

Options
  • 26-11-2003 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

how do you create a new pdf file in acrobat reader? or can you?

cheers,
    Alex.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Nope you need Adobe Acrobat software, not the free reader. There is free software for creating PDF files available, I use http://www.pdf995.com/ .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

two other options

ww.openoffice.org - edits word / excel / powerpoint docs and can save as .pdf
    ghostview et al - messy setup but what you do is setup a postscript printer and then use a diff program to convert the .ps to .pdf

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    two other options

ww.openoffice.org - edits word / excel / powerpoint docs and can save as .pdf

Openoffice is the best free pdf maker I've seen around, an excellent all around office suite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Originally posted by Henry_14
    how do you create a new pdf file in acrobat reader? or can you?

cheers,
    Alex.

The term "acrobat reader" didnt give the hint you might need acrobat writer?! Openoffice is a good one, or some of the other solutions also...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Adobe Acrobat - ha - last time I installed that you had to go into custom setup to install the pdf printer driver - and that's what we bought it for.

Anyone know the Licensing on the pdf writer printer driver ? - cos you can share it on a network with no warnings, and it comes with other adobe products including scanner bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Cap'n,

I've noticed that too. I deployed a PDF writer on the netowrtk (it didn't say anywhere that I couldn't), but I took it off, and use a Linux PDF writer instead. It just feels safer.....

Advertisement