Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLSetup

Options
  • 18-11-1999 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

i had the same prob, though i'm running a voodoo 3. there is a 24 mb dl of gl setup but it didn't work with my card.i got the right setup on a pc mag that also had a good link to q3 dl. not much help to u really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It ran fine on my v3 with DirectX 7, and the v latest drivers from 3dfxgamers.com. they are only a week or so old, so get both of those and you could well be laffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

DirectX7 shouldn't make a difference....should it? Cause there's no DirectX7 on NT....and it's all systems go for me here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Q3 doesnt use DirectX it uses Open GL.
    hence the Glsetup smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Ok as far as i remember the 24mb Glsetup file is all drivers out there, then there is the the other Glsetup file which queries your card and then queries the online listing and d/l's for you.

In my experience the latter is in fact the tool of satan and seriously fked with my computer.

The latest g200 drivers "should" be up to date enough to deal with Q3.

At a guess just head to the matrox site here

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/latest_drivers/home.htm

and pick up the drivers for whatever G200 you have (millenium,mystique,mga).

Worked for me with the Rage 128 so same procedure might work for you.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

What version do I need for Q3test ?
    Also alternate URLs for d/l
    Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

What card are you using?

J.

btw - In continuance of my ongoing campaign against the Evil that is GLsetup ... dont use it.

Thanks Jak
    Card is matrox g200.
    Don't I have to use glsetup to run the demo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

you shouldnt....gl_setup is what you run if your existing drivers are feking up on ya....a last LAST resort!!

Any other suggestions then ?
    Q3demo give a GL intialistaion failure.

Yes drivers. I'm at this game too long. Don't heed my own advice. Installed latest drivers a while back and they screwed up all me games so I took 'em off. Realise now that it was lurking glsetup files causing the prob. Satan's own creation indeed.
    All working now and frame rate is good.
    Ta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement