Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another dream that needs analysing!

• 26-11-2003 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

This is a recursive dream I've been having for about a year now... I'm just wondering if any dream gurus out there can give me the hidden meaning?

Background: I used to live in a house from the ages of 6-18... I'm now 22. The people who bought the house, her Parents are now her next door neighbour... the neighbours bought the house basically! .... A girl and her husband moved next door to her parents house.... I suppose this is sort of irrelevent .. but anyway....

The Dream: I'm in the house when nobody else is... its their house .. I don't live there anymore .. but I'm trying to get in and out before anyone sees me... and its always during the day... I have a key.... I'm not robing the house or anything! ... honestly I can't remember what I be doing in it.. but last night I nearly got caught... they knew someone was in the house and saw me jumping in my car when I got out! ... I might of left a few personal belongings behind aswell... normally I'm dead neat .. and they wouldn't notice I was there.. but the more I have the dream the closer I get to being caught! ... I've had the dream about 4 times... I think... one time I was trying not to be caught by her Parents.. the neighbours.. and another I had to escape through the trees at the back! .... There has to be some meaning behind this .. cause I keep having the dream... but I know nothing of interpreting it...

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hipchick

Mayb there is something in the house that you need to get? When you left the house was the attic cleared out, could there be something, mayb from you childhood that you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

hmmm tricky one..... maybe it was a
    DREAM!

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You might be a pervert!?!

Or it could just be a nonsensical dream. I've dreamt I chased the Predator down the London underground. It doesn't mean anything, except maybe that I've a wild imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

I guess there's something (some incident or memory) from your childhood that you'd like to re-examine but you are in two minds about doing this for whatever reason. Maybe the reason is that you think that whatever it is is slightly foolish or that you might be ridiculed for talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mr Pinchy

Its got nothing to do with the house. You have trouble with letting go of something from the past. Whats on your conscious mind, that is probably the cause. Something niggling at the back of your head each day. Dreams are mostly symbolic or gibberish at best, the brains way of processing data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

weird dream.
    Prob means nothing tho.
    I have the weirdest dreams.Dreamt the other day i was talking to 2 dogs and they were talking back. The weird thing is that in the dream it was like normal for dogs to talk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Actions, places, and people are usually irrelevant in a dream. Whats more important is the emotion you experience at the time. In this case, it seems to be some kind of search need to find something you dont understand - could be spiritual. You also seem to experience some fear of shame, or apprehension at being caught.

Many Apple Mac users feel this way - an inherint shame of being caught using a Mac, and a deep loning for something that they know doesn't exist, like a second mouse button, or decent software.

[/humour]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Well.... if it helps.... I know that the concept of a house of building is commonly thought to represent the individuals body/mind. The fact that it was your house/body/mind from childhood does change things. ... to grab at strws.... maybe when you were younger there was a sensation of lack of control or even possession over what was your own body mind?? People owning your house/mind? But you had a key... indicating partial ownership? But then...what was different that that ONE time you got caught? Why?

and the trees at the back is very interesting!... but I don't know.... did you know your way through the trees?

the fear of being caught then was also interesting. Doing something against the wishes of others! And yet what you were doing wasn't in itself wrong!....

Well i don't know... I think dreams can (if at all) only be interpretated by the individual who created them, whatever makes sense to you. But I know the house/building=body/mind interpretation is a widely held one (if that helps).

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Perhaps you might be gay?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeadBankClerk banned for a week for his 'gay' comments

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I had a similar dream about my childhood house once. I could never figure it out either. I ended up thinking it was somthing about being annoyed that some strangers (or neightbours, in your case) had stolen my home (the repositry of my childhood).
    I've dreamt I chased the Predator down the London underground
    Thats a great dream !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

karma kabbage .... "possession over what was your own body mind?? People owning your house/mind? But you had a key... indicating partial ownership?"

... I think maybe the closer I get to being caught... the closer I get to having ownership of my mind and body...

"Doing something against the wishes of others! And yet what you were doing wasn't in itself wrong!...."

Thanks... that statement was comforting... and clear

Mr_angry .. "it seems to be some kind of search need to find something you dont understand" ... need is the key word... ok things are making more sense now...

DeadBankClerk.. "Perhaps you might be gay?"
    .. from the previous statements... that would make sense ... but no... its something else...

Thanks... the trees look different when you aren't inside the forest. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Mr. Second... I think maybe the closer I get to being caught... the closer I get to having ownership of my mind and body...

Well... goin' along with the theory, being caught would mean that you would have to confront...the 'whatever', the people who own your childhood home? You said that the time you nearly did get caught left personal items in the house, even though you were usually very careful! Don't they say that every 'criminal' essentially wants to get caught and thus always makes that fatal mistake.... Is it that as prowling in the house your subconsciences' subconscience (!) wanted to get caught. Is there a confrontation you wanted/want to make? Though it would have to be a difficult one.

what do you think would happen if you were caught?

And I know it is just SO TYPICAL to bring parents into this... but in the dream were you conscious that it was your parent/parents who sold this house? This could welll be irrelevant as it seems to be something you need to find out about yourself... but I figure ambush you with possibilities, see if it helps?

Hope it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

I would modestly describe myself a something of an expert on these occurances.

dreams of houses are usually the result of eating too much spicy food before retiring.
    My bet is you had a "Superflame" vindaloo and a half crate of Dutch Gold before bedtime.
    If you want a sexy dream ... a clatter of cheese sarnies before bed is good ,they say

A disturbing or frightning dream is brought on usually by a bacon or pork product...so no crubeens ,bacon ribs,rashers,bacon hocks...at 2355!

You should check your diet..... vegetables and fowl are the most neutral..so you could bring a chicken drumstick or two to the cot if you felt peckish

Oh turkey legs tend to be a little tough and wreck the sheets

Nooooo Chaaaarge

W Turdhed

Advertisement