Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Lowlights

Options
  • 26-11-2003 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I recently got a 98 Golf (its one of the last of the old models so it has the old-style boot door) but I can't get the low lights in the bumper to turn on. All the other lights work fine, but I can't find a switch to make these ones come on.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Obvious question but have you checked the bulbs? These bulbs are usually the first to get it if you are driving in very wet weather or through a flood. Also have a look in the fuse box to see if theres one blown. If theres no obvious switch for them then they probably come on with the parking lights. It's something tiny like the above anyway.

Duke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

R u sure there supposed to work. Ive a Vento and the lights on the bumper are just for looks. They are wired and have bulbs on the topper range but were optional.

The switch is the twisty nob on the right, its the same switch for the normal lights but u have to pull it out a bit and then twist it for the bumper lights.

Its a `98 Vento.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Cheers lads - first off - I'm fairly sure they should work as the previous owners a mate of mine and he says they used to work for him (he has no idea how they came on they just did).

My hunch was a blown fuse but the fuesbox is pretty stiff to open so before I go at it again I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. I'll try the knob trick and see if that works.

Advertisement