Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember password problems

Options
  • 26-11-2003 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

When XP prompts the usual "Do you want windows to remember this password?" for net logins etc I usually click yes. The problem is it never actually remembers the password. It hasn't happened before on other windows versions I have used. Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I've had this problem on most of the XP Home systems Ive fitted but never on the XP pro systems! There is an article in the microsoft knowledge base regarding this it might fix your problem 816481.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Thats only for passwords on Outlook.Thanks anyway. My problem is associated with web based email and general net logins.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Could just be an issue with IE. Try disabling and re-enabling the feature (or even check if it is enabled properly)

Go to IE Tools/Internet Options/Content and click on 'Auto Complete'. There are options in there to remember searches, etc... as well as usernames and passwords. See if they are set properly and maybe clear the current forms and passwords cache. That's all i got :P

Advertisement