Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sw:g

• 26-11-2003 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a games cafe in Dublin city that support SW:G or have it installed in their cafe ??

Im quite new to dublin < Still carrying a map book ;o) > So im looking for a decent games cafe to play in, decent rates , nice peeps etc

Can anyone recommend one ?? I play most games but im particularly looking for one that supports SWG for those weekend day long sessions :))

Any help appreciated plz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

To answer my own thread < you can delete this now plz Mr Admin >

Meet the nice people down in DNC last night , they solved my prob. for me

Let me Install and DL all the patchs of which their are loads < 35 min worth on a 2 MG line !! >

Anyway Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

yeah, dNC always pride themselves as pushers of virtual crack. :)

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

35min on a 2 meg line?

that sounds a bit long, I install it regularly in work and get the patches down in about 10min(1 meg line) or about 20 min(512k line)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

DNC tends to respect the fact that there are another 20ish paying customers who wouldn't appreciate their connection slowing to a snails pace because one person wants to download large ammounts of data, so tend to cap bandwidth depending on a customers needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

only took me 25mins,and im on 256k...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Took me 12 hours on my 56k connection. Though checking the download speeds it's rated at only 16k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Took me 12 hours on my 56k connection. Though checking the download speeds it's rated at only 16k

****ing hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

What server are you all playing on? Chimeria(sp?) here, been playing about 5days and I have a fairly good understanding of the game.. Although the game is absolutly stunning, I cant see it having too huge a lifespan with me... most people reach their master profession within a week if they play enough. Not very many places to go after that,unless they want to start all over again with another profession.

The crafting system,imo, is brilliant. But the machine-harvesting system is horrible. I found a very rich plot of land that has 90%+ ratings in oil,corn,gas and steel, and running from one end of the planet to another in order to pay maintenance on them, move the power from the windgens to the machines ect....

Its really like "how to make a game like work".

I'd upload a few screenies (the visuals are astounding for an MMORPG), but I really must be getting sleep. I've been making the silly mistake of playing it all night for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

PLaying on Chimera too Afik < The European one not farstar > Shows how much Ive played huh ;))

Atm im going for go for the Commandi profession or else the B-Hunter one both look sweet , I havent tried the PvP side of it yet , which tbh will make or break the game for me

The graphics are lovely and I love the whole skill tree idea + the crafting
    camping and such like. I finally got a mount last week , and by god do they ROCK !!
    before this I was walking around like gimp the whole time , now its open my datapad and Go Go Gadget Mount !! and like Sports Billy I whip a full size kaadu out of my pocket ! you just cant beat that, well that is untill I save enough points up for my Go Go Gadget AT-ST :P

Im in a nice little PA aswell our town is called Kryandia <KYR > all nice peeps etc and we just baught our own persoanl Imp base so soon the Rebel scum will come a knocking on our door and BANG !! a laser in the head for the rodents ;)

Vehicles are soon coming out aswell they will be sweet altho im still looking for some screen shots if anyone found some ^

PS . To the Rebels , we have fired the guy who left the door open to our death star
    and have now put a combination lock on the door !! So I dont wanna hear no more about how one ship destroyed our special moon < Which was built PURELY For scientific reasons and we would NEVER have fired it in anger , you have my word on that as Imperial Representative :P >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tellox you do know that resourses shift from one location to the other dont you?
    You are correct in the rest of your post thos as once you hit you target professions, there is just bugger all to do in the game. Pity as it had such promise, but has failed like no other mmorpg to deliver the goods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

where is dnc and would they have final fantasy xi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

character names on chimera?

i been through kryandia a few times.

My character name is Elara Drake (mail me)

Human - Female (rar)
    what im aiming for
    Artisan complete
    Droid engineer Master
    Marksman (rifles and ranged complete)
    that leaves me with 100 skill credits for either architect or if vehicle building becomes a new skill ill go for that.

so far im halfway through engineering 3 and survey 3, rifles 3 and ranged 3, i have a number of harvesters and am starting to make a bit of cash from them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Ah feck. You guys all joined Chimera (sic). The general idea with all of the people I got to join was that as it was the recommended server all of the little kiddies would be joining it. So we opted to join Farstar, and tbh it seems to be a lot more serious. I've met a few ****, but that's the Rope Playing side of it (or at least I hope so or they have some serious attitude problems).

We're on Farstar on Tatooine anyway. The guild i'm in are called <DMA> Dark Matter Alliance, and we work out of our own city Mos Wroshyr. Give us a shout if you're on. My character name is Icey.

Most of us are going for BH, Commando or some form of swordsman. Personally i'm going to stretch my points as much as possible and go half and half between commando and bounty hunter. We're open to new guild members and our idea is to help all members by giving them as much help to level as possible. We will pass on any cash needed to level as long as it's needed and not just something you want (oooh I saw a lovely gunman duster that would just look so good on me).

We hope to be branching out into other worlds as soon as we build up our own city. We hope to get quite a few members and are already standing at between 20 and 30 (some members to be confirmed). Once we do, we'll be splitting up command to different members to organise planetary missions and/or organisations, and sub guild halls for each planet.

Home to see some of you on Farstar in the near future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im playing just on chimera now, i met up with the dnc lads and moved to corellia.

now its just a case of hooping the hell out of crafting and getting to droid engineer :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I mostly play on starsider , but I do have a character, that I check up on regularly in Mos Eisly on farstar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Stinky

I play on chimaera im also in kyrandia guild which seems to be having slight troubles witht he leader not coming on nick is soooo
    im a master teras kasi
    master medic (retired)
    master doctor (retired)
    master marksman
    and just went commando recently 2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Thats Strange I allways Go Comando.......Oh wait your talking about the game

anywho any advice for soone just about to start, (Just bought my copie today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I am playing on Chimera also. Nice and populated. I wish they had a system so that you could see teh amount of ppl online on each server, would be nice but anyways.

Good laugh. Playing with the from dnc. Working together and havin a laugh. Come and join us. I am called Oday ingame.

Advertisement