Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTrip for apple ipod any good?

Options
  • 26-11-2003 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

iTrip for apple ipod any good?

as per subject line

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

like you I did a little research on this and what I found out the following :
    1. some people just don't like the sound of cheap FM transmitters
    2. not all of these transmitters (iTrip is just one of many) are created equal - some are better than others
    3. cassette adaptors do a fine job (that's the solution i settled on)
    4. as with cheap FM transmitters, cassette adaptors vary in quality
    5. the signal quality on your FM radio is not only dependent on the transmitter but also on the radio itself and the antenna system in your car

I was in an Apple Store in the USA on monday (did my best not to buy anything but despite my best efforts bought a couple spare iPod dock cables and an Applecare plan for my iPod...worth every cent of the $60 I paid). Wow they're nice stores.....
    anyway my point there is that the chap I was talking with was of the opinion that you had to try these FM transmitters with your particular setup to be sure that the results were what you were expecting.

Given the chance I'd purchase a decent (1-2 watt) stereo transmitter as there's a couple of stations on Sky digital I'd like to transmit around the house (as well as my iPod of course) but that's another discussion.... and probably (!) not quite legal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I know a guy at work who has two brand new ones for sale for the older iPod. He got the wrong version by accicdent from the US - interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Thanks guys

Neeed one for the new ipod BamBam (class name)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Advertisement