Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Speakers

Options
  • 26-11-2003 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Heya Folks.

I have a pair of old Pioneer S-510's from the early - mid 80's (i think)
    Now prob is the foam in the bass speakers cone has rotted away to nothing, causing the speaker to emit a lovely distorted sound when playing music. :-(

Now my question is, Does anyone know of sites with the specs of the speakers (the individual speaker cones or indeed the entire speaker)

I've taken the speaker out and it has model/serial number, but I can't for the life of me find sites that have the info. (loads are willing to sell me old manuals though)

Or , is there anywhere in dublin that stock old speakers / parts?

Cheers
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I can't think of anywhere off-hand that might have such detailed specs.. do you mean the foam behind the woofer? if so just cut it to size yourself.. will do for the time being to tighten the bass.. although in fairness if they're that old I'd look at a new pair anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I dont think you are going to find cheap way of repairing the drivers foam surrounds.

Peats sell various size drive units of reasonable quality from about 45 yoyos each, I'm sure you will find something that looks like them. I doubt if they will sound the same as the originals but who knows they could sound better !!!

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Cheers for the replies folks.

Speakers belong to my father, so its sentimental reasons :-)

Its actually the foam that attaches the cone to the metal/rubber frame of the speaker.

Might try Peats on Sat.

Cheers
    S.

Advertisement