Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/ Most disappointing Game of the Year

Options
  • 26-11-2003 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really liked PN03. If the controls were more responsive, it would have been even better.

C&C Generals was a big disappointment for me (I was a huge fan of the other C&C games)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

yeah, c&c generals.

zelda was a bit of a dissapointment because of its short lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is the most disappointing game of the year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've only recently started playing generals due to getting a new system and i have to say i'm enjoying the skimish mode. the brutal armies are definetly more difficult then in RA2.

by any chance does anyone know how to increase the mission game speed i end up not playing them cause there too slow?

cheers

data

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

There's an option in the 'options' screen for it, other than that, upgrade your PC. I liked all the C&C titles and really like Generals, especially with the Zero Hour expansion pack.

I really looked forward to IGI 2 but it didn't really do anything for me, quite disappointing actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Mario Kart, not that its a bad game its just not as good as it could and should have been plus its the only first party nintendo title to have dissapointed me on the gamecube.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I had to laugh at some one who was ranting on about how good it was going to be, then how good it was, and after the novelty wore off – it’s not that good. – You know who you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Enter the Matrix by a long shot. It was based on a hit sci-fi Film, was already ultra cool as far as genre is concerned, and boy did it fumble the ball.

Played the Beta of Terminator War of the Machiene's and the Battlefiled style multiplayer (that sounded so cool) sucks ass. (tho its only a beta)

Medal Of Honour Breakthrough, Again well established game but it all went horribly wrong.

Jedi Academy.. after the stunning breakthrough that was Jedi Outcast, Academy felt like and should have been, just an expansion set..

Blitzkreig, to my mind the most boring (yet admitadly realistic) strategy ever. And the planes were horrid.

Rollar Coaster Tycoon 2 + 3.. way to cash in on the name, with no noticable improvements.

Thats my short list with Enter the Matrix way out in front.. pure cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Mick L
    There's an option in the 'options' screen for it, other than that, upgrade your PC. I liked all the C&C titles and really like Generals, especially with the Zero Hour expansion pack.

I really looked forward to IGI 2 but it didn't really do anything for me, quite disappointing actually.

cheers i'll check the options section. its not the pc coz in skirmish when i put it up fast the game flies along, its the same all c and c games iirc the solo missions don't run at top speed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Halo: Combat Evolved.

Crock of piddle.

XCom Interceptor.
    Battle Engine Aquila

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Call of Duty, a craptacular rehash of MOH: Breakthrough.
    UFO: Enemy Unknown - isnt far behind CoD, a good idea implemented horribly wrong.
    Half Life 2: Not being released after all the hype about "not being delayed like the competition" coupled with the revelations that the "AI" demos were all scripted makes it the most disappointing game of the year (and um, next year).

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Half Life 2: Not being released after all the hype about "not being delayed like the competition" coupled with the revelations that the "AI" demos were all scripted makes it the most disappointing game of the year (and um, next year).
    If you played the...uh...... demo.... you wouldnt say that, seriously.

For me it MUST be, Star Wars: Galaxies

Halo was a bit of a bummer too, not as big as SW:G, but still a bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

Veiwtiful Joe - maybe cos my expectations were too high but I just felt like I was pressing X, Y, R, over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

FIFA 2004
    why are fifa games never any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

fifa has been ging downhill since world cup 98, it was a simple cash in sold at full price with less options. fifa 98: rtwc was the peak of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Championship manager 4

most buggy annoying game ever...........you CANT EVEN FECK SELL PLAYERS ! damian duff for 4 euro anyone ?

Originally posted by bizmark
    Championship manager 4

most buggy annoying game ever...........you CANT EVEN FECK SELL PLAYERS ! damian duff for 4 euro anyone ?

ill take 2 please :D

id have to say GTA vice city. so much hype...so many people saying it was great....

i was so bored by it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

enter the matrix

i went to the shop thinking it would be great running up walls and the like. got home installed it on my pc and returned it after i shot one bullet from ghost's gun.

worst Movie->Game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Pugsley
    If you played the...uh...... demo.... you wouldnt say that, seriously.

Of course I played the demo (didnt we all?), thats partially what Im basing my comment on.. what are you talking about? Im sure when its out it will be quite good and Ill no doubt pick it up, but as it stands, its a disappointment during 2003.

Matt

• Advertisement

ur forgeting the Home ALone games that thq made for the snes!! they the only games that ever made me consider giving up gaming altoghether. granted expectations were higher with enter the matrix, but those home alone games scarred me greatly....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Halo PC. sucky sucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by fixxxer
    ur forgeting the Home ALone games that thq made for the snes!! they the only games that ever made me consider giving up gaming altoghether.

Ah damn, I remember that! Home Alone. Geez. Twas bad indeed.

Another vote for Enter The Matrix. Truly awful game.

I was a little disappointed by Mario Kart Double Dash aswell but I can't say it makes it into my worst-games-list (it's not that bad!). True Crime: Streets of LA was pants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Of course I played the demo (didnt we all?), thats partially what Im basing my comment on.. what are you talking about? Im sure when its out it will be quite good and Ill no doubt pick it up, but as it stands, its a disappointment during 2003.

Matt

This console command will change your opinion of the demo forever:
    give weapon_physgun

Weld barrel bridges together, beef up your buggy, block doorways with style..... the fun is endless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Enter the matrix. I liked the extra scenes cuz it kinda shed some light on what was happening behind the scenes in the film but in total as a game it sucked.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by fixxxer
    id have to say GTA vice city.
    I'd say no game would satisfy u if u thought this was shit.

I'd say unreal 2. Paid about 60 for it, played it for 2-3 days and then left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Pugsley

Correct on both counts but at least Halo was fun to play if not living up to all it could be. SW:G tho is nothing more than an early beta game that was released far far to early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

Unreal 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Well the biggest disappointments for me this year were:
    Project Zero - Terrible camera controls and a totally uninvolving storyline
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Cornering just doesn't do it for me and the level of computer cheating is extreme. People complained about the AI cheating in Mario Kart 64 and rather than addressing that issue Nintendo has made it if anything worse. I'm on the 150cc races at the moment and 3/4 times I race a perfect race only to be hit by a red shell on the last straight and get overtaken. That's just not on.
    Enter the Matrix - Oh dear. ( I think I pretty much talked about everything that I dislike in this game at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125245)
    Splinter Cell Downloadable Content - I loved Splinter Cell and I know this is all free but when they made such a massive deal of downloadable content then only release 3 levels within the year each of which only takes about half an hour to get through I couldn't help but feel a bit shortchanged.
    Originally posted by smiaras
    Think the worst game I played this year was PN.03, looked great but sooooo boring and repetitive!

PN03 was all about mastering the dynamics of the controls of the game, it was repetitive to a certain extent yes but once you got into the right rhythm it became incredible. I think I truely fell in love with this game when I managed to do one of the levels with a perfect score, nothing of late has come close to that feeling. The problem is that a lot of people come to this game expecting a game with the same focus as current contemporaries such as story and AI but when you come to realise that it's really just a graphical update of the older 16 bit and arcade scrolling shooters you realise that it has fufilled it's own goals perfectly and therefore I didn't think it was disappointing in any way. The main focus of the game is learning off the attack patterns of the enemy and learning how to use the controls to maximum effectiveness. The only real fault I have with the game is that some of the super moves are very tough to pull off in the heat of battle on that tiny d-pad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Enter the Matrix, Battlefield 1942: Road to Rome Expansion, Metroid Prime (well i know this one will cause alot of controversy but everyones entiled to their own opinion i guess, i just thought it was to confind for me and very repeditive) and last of all that Halo 2 and HL2 weren't realeased this year.

Advertisement