Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/ Most disappointing Game of the Year

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most disappointing pc game of the year: Halo, it ran like a bag of poo and very plain level design often far too repetitive.

most disappointing console game of the year: has to be Mario Kart for Gamecube, awfull cheating a.i. 50cc stupidly easy then the 100cc is as hard as nails, bland uninspired circuits and the bit that dissapointed me most was no ghost track. that track in the desert with the sandstorms is truly awfull. Having sed all that I still enjoy the game but its nowhere near the quality of the snes original for sheer gameplay addictiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Well the biggest disappointments for me this year were:
    Project Zero - Terrible camera controls and a totally uninvolving storyline
    I find it hard to believe anyone couldnt enjoy this game. Ive never been really scared playing a survival horror game before..until Project Zero. Scariest. Game. Ever.

As far as disappointing games go for me ummm..Tomb raider:TAOD (but we all knew in our heart of hearts it would be tripe anyway, didnt we?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

It was scary as hell yes but I just thought it was heavily flawed in terms of certain gameplay dynamics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mario Kart DD (And I probably deserve whatever slaggings monument issues about this) Not a bad game but F-zero is far better and it has barely any life span in single player.

Battle Engine Aquila (PS2 version is crap. Don't know about xbox version)

Unreal 2 (although I hated the first one and didn't have high hopes for it, it was worse than I expected)

Enter the Matrix (obvious reasons)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Unreal 2, i totally forgot about that one, wotever about the sloppy halo conversion at least it was fun to play but Unreal 2 has nothing going for it wotsoever, after an hour i deleted this game from my hard-drive in utter disgust. I was a huge fan of the original Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cant say I bought a game this year I didn't enjoy.

CM4 I got with all the EP,
    H&D II - classic,
    CoD - great
    MP II - goty
    GTA: VC - much better than GTA3 [aside from the popup..but thats nit picking :p]
    C&C: Generals - good fun but Zero Hour is better
    Midnight Club II - best car game I've played in a while [gonna get NFS-Underground]
    Unreal II - really enjoyed...kinda short, was expecting more at the end but again nitpicking

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Has to be FIFA 04. Graphics great but the game play is so slow.

Advertisement