Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX: GTA Double Pack

Options
  • 26-11-2003 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

The other day I ordered the XBOX GTA Double Pack from CDWOW. The release date was set at 8th December. Yesterday they e-mailed me to say the release has been put back to after Christmas. Seeing as it's a Christmas present, that could be a problem! I checked the GTA website and it says the game is available to buy now, but I'm not sure if that means only in America.

Does anyone know if it's available to buy in Ireland? Either in a shop or online? I prefer to use CDWOW but seeing as they won't have it until after Christmas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The game was pushed back to the earliest Friday in the New Year (thats January 2nd) because Sony secured an exclusive deal to Rockstar to keep the Xbox Double Pack off the shelves until next year.

Why Sony only did this to Europe and not to the US is beyond me, but its fairly annoying to say the least; first Prince of Persia: SOT and now this.

So, are you going to cancel your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by smiaras
    Its not to do with the exclusivity deal. Sony have let that slide as they now get first dibs on GTA4 and will have an exclusive on it for the Christmas period next year.

This is a new deal; it doesn't concern the one made in 2002. Why else would it be pushed back to the first week of the new year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by smiaras
    Sony have let that slide as they now get first dibs on GTA4 and will have an exclusive on it for the Christmas period next year.
    ehm, gta4 will be a ps3 game...
    the next gta game will be called either san andreas or sin city (the former being the likliest...)
    sony will have the same exclusivity deal for that afaik.

• Advertisement

Advertisement