Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Steuea Bucharest

• 26-11-2003 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Well after a very disappointing start to the season Stevie G is hoping that he can lift the Uefa Cup this year afetr giving up on the title.

So in order for that to happen this team is the next one in Liverpool's path. I reckon it shoudl be an easy win at home but then again it should have been an easy win Vs. Boro, Vs. Birmingham and Vs. Charlton.

With Steve Finnan out for a month, Carra out till new year it suddenly seems a bad idea sending Babbel and Vignal out on loan. I hope GH gives Jon Otsemober a chance tomorrow night instead of playing defensive midfielder Salif Diao at right back.

Here's my team for the match:

Kirkland
    Otsemober--Hyypia--Biscan--Troare
    Diouf
    Gerrard
    Kewell
    Le Tallac

Owen
    Pongolle

But thsi is more likely to be the team GH picks:

Kirkland
    Diao----Hyypia----Biscan
    Troare
    Diouf----Gerrard----Murphy/Smicer---Kewell
    Owen
    Heskey

What are yer views on it all?

BTW is it on TV (other than Channel 5)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have you been reading the site Jonno ? It seems that Didi is in contention for a place, I would prob start him ahead of Smicer/Murphy and let SG do a bit more attacking.
    Should be an easy win, but as you said, there have been a few easy wins that weren't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I never read that article. I was surprised he was left out of the reserve team last night as he has played the last two, but obviuosly he is fitter than I thought. Maybe he is in contention for a strating place or definately on the bench. I can't wait for him to come back. Will certainly help the lack of pace that has been plaguing the middle of defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Me nearly too depressed to care....I like the look of your line-up Jonno but alas I fear you are right about Houlliers!

Liverpool squeak a win.....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I really hope they play Hamann and Gerard in the centre with Kewell and Diouf on the wings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Liverpool playing in Europe?

Gawd, is it Thursday already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

it is according to my calender anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

:o

Ahem off topic. Piss off..

Does anyone know anywhere on ths southside showing the match? Near the Bleeding Horse, that area sorta.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

What channel is the Liverpool match on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Only on

19:45 Channel Five
    UEFA Cup Football
    Second-round, second-leg UEFA Cup match between Liverpool and Steaua Bucharest

All Sports in Town will show it (as they showed 1st leg)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Only on

19:45 Channel Five
    UEFA Cup Football
    Second-round, second-leg UEFA Cup match between Liverpool and Steaua Bucharest

All Sports in Town will show it (as they showed 1st leg)

Is that the one opposite the Thunder Road Cafe in Temple Bar?

Yup thats the one ...

Yup thats the one ...

Sweet, am dying to watch a game a footie.. Damned TV is on the blink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

I only know of one place that shows the game.

Scotts in Dun Laoghaire.

However i'd bet alot more are. Its only a matter of them having UK viewing cards that can be bought on ebay.

The Avoca in B-Rock often show it as well.

The Swiss Cottege in Santry will be showing it too ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My local will have it but thats in roscommon so not much use to any of ye! Finnan is a big loss allright it is unfortunate for him to be gone for the next 4 weeks.

As for tonight sneak a win 2-1 no doubht it will be as difficult as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

The Swiss Cottege in Santry will be showing it too ...

Aah The Swiss, man that place sucks monkey nuts!

I think The Cat and Cage are showing it too....

Originally posted by Kone
    Aah The Swiss, man that place sucks monkey nuts!

I think The Cat and Cage are showing it too....

TRUE its a bit ruff but just wear a shell suit trakkie and a skanda jackah to fit in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Confirmed team: LIVERPOOL: Kirkland, Diao, Hyypia, Biscan, Traore, Gerrard, Hamann, Diouf, Kewell, Pongolle, Owen.

SUBS: Dudek, Heskey, Smicer, Murphy, Riise, Le Tallec, Otsemobor.

Nice to see Pongolle and Hamann starting. Shame the match isn't on tv here

Thats a very solid team with the only weak links being at wing back positions. I think it should be an easy win (here's hoping). Hopefully if Liverpool have a lead a half time Otsemober will get 45 min.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well what did I say?! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Long may your depression last Mike :)

Hamann played a full 90 minutes which is nice to see. Glad to have him back.

Yet again Owen is a major doubt for Sundays match Vs Brum. He was taken off with a tight tighe. FFS will this lad ever get a full run at a season :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I went into the All Sports Bar to (try and) watch the match and have to say it is absolutely the worst bar I've ever been in. Only portable tvs all over the place, half of which couldn't get Channel 5 and so had Eastenders or American football on :rolleyes: Dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    I went into the All Sports Bar to (try and) watch the match and have to say it is absolutely the worst bar I've ever been in. Only portable tvs all over the place, half of which couldn't get Channel 5 and so had Eastenders or American football on :rolleyes: Dreadful.

That place is a **** tip alright...:mad:

I tried the Cat and Cage as someone said it was on their too... It was not the best either , the big screen in the lounge is grand except its too low down and theres not many places to stand and watch it, so went into bar to watch there , not bad

The swiss has a better setup for watching games with 3 big screens and a good few t.v's around the place ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by JaneyMackers
    I only know of one place that shows the game.

Scotts in Dun Laoghaire.

Its a nice spot. The pints taste watered down but the food is rather scrumptious. As far as I know, they show an English premiership game every Saturday at 3pm.

Advertisement