Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol Setup Time

• 26-11-2003 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

just a quick question.

if i ordered iol bb tonight [my line has passed the test] how long roughly would it take to be hooked up. also i have to get an engineer install because i have eircom phonewatch on my line.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

It took nearly 2 weeks for mine with iol, and even then I had to go above their heads and confirm *myself* with €ircon that there was no reason for the delay and my line had been waiting for them for days! >)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Well, if you go order using the direct debit form (as opposed to the Credit card way), the banks refuse to acknowledge the DD form you filled out online, so Esat need to post you one out.
    Lead time to get and return and process the DD form? 9 working days.

Then you are talking(depending on how busy the eircom techs are in the exchange/area you are in) max 10 days eircom setup time.

Eircom tell esat the line is on DSLAM and then they send you out the esat modem. 2/3 days more.

I got my modem and setup just today. Ordered Monday 3 weeks ago.

HTH

Advertisement