Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats your favorite political satire.

Options
  • 26-11-2003 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Bull Island was good but I was dissapointed with that special the other day, Bremner Bird and Fortune is deffinitly the most sophisticated while Have I Got News For You gets the most cheap shots in. btw I think the show has gone down hill since Angus left.

Be sure to watch the new series of Give My Head Peace; its suppost to be the best material yet.;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

"Have I Got News For You" definately.
    "Spitting Image" close second. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

I forgot about Dead Ringers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"Oh you'll never meet a nice South African!"

I'm sure I've told this story before, but it's a classic so I'll tell it again: Distant relation of the mothers dies and I'm dragged along to the funeral with her. The priest speaks in a dull monotone so at one stage the mother nudges me in the ribs and whispers "In the national interest!" at me. I nearly wet meself.

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ah the old ones..
    Drop the dead donkey
    Scrap Saturday..
    Hall's pictorial weekly

Bull island could be very good if it wern't for the liable laws - maybe they should produce it on the Isle of Man or something ??

Spitting image (the first few series only)

Nah I don't miss Angus - his stuff seemed too scripted,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight

Scrap Saturday..

Pure class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Have I Got News For You
    Scrap Saturday
    Spitting Image
    Drop the Dead Donkey
    The New Statesman

in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

"have i got news for you" is great at the moment.
    I've also taken to buying private eye and viz and reading alternative pages from both.

i still listen to the scrap saturday cd from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What about the good old "Eleven O'Clock News"? Are they still doing it?

Advertisement