Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Clear

Options
  • 18-11-1999 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

i've logged on to esat cleat nolimits without regeristering, is it suppose to do this? or will i be billed £17 for usin it?

anything else u think i should know feel free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yes, if you're not dialing 1332103001235 it isn't the no limits one. You're probably dialing the dublin number on the cd ??

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

when i log on a register thing comes up but explorer is runnin throught some indigo proxy from gofree cd, and i can't go to the register thing, so how do i get rid of that?
    and i'm usin my local area code

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 18-11-99).]

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 18-11-99).]

U gotta ring up esat and they send u out a registartion form which you fill out and then they hook u up, takes about a week or so. U cant access that 1330 number until they've set up up at their end first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Dont bother with the form, jsut have a credit card number handy adn give them the details, then they will have it set up for you in about 48 hours, until then your stuck with local call rates.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Well I'll give you a good laf.

I recently received a bill from esat clear for £17. SO?.. Ok, firstly Ive never ever used their service. Secondly, I never rang them or signed up for their service!

Woah. I rang them and, after getting transfered to a millionth department, they still can't figure where I got the bill from as they have no record of my name/no in their database. I Amazed them even more when faxed in their bill with an account number on it and they were dumbfounded.

When I queried where they got their information from, they could not tell me. I still dont have an answer to this one. Have they been haxored ? or are they really bold and using some other database from the net and breaking certain data protection acts?

Eitherway, its gonna be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Keep us posted MP.

Sure I'm signed up for the past two or so months and received a bill from them last week for something like 20 quid (incl. calls i made at peak times) and on the bill it said "thank you for paying by direct debit". I subsequently received my bank statement and no where on it was there a bill for esat having been paid. So I rang them up asking them had I been debited for it. They said they send out the statement first before debiting your account that was over a week ago now and still haven't been charged for it.

Although, Mindphuck's situation is one for the books though.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

esat clear is that any good?
    i might go to that if they have good pings
    GT rock ure world sunglasses.gif

homepage.eircom.net/~clangt/

[This message has been edited by NEXUS (edited 20-11-99).]

Advertisement