Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting US plug to Ireland plug

Options
  • 26-11-2003 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is the correct forum but I hope someone can answer this..

I bought a digital camera in the US last week. It is a sony model and comes with a battery recharger. The battery charger has the following information on the back of it

Input 100-240V 50/60Hz 4.8-8.5VA 3W
    output 1.4V 400mAX2 160mAX2

my question is, do I need a simple plug adapter to use it in ireland or do I need something else?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by bovril
    IInput 100-240V

This means it can operate in any country that has a power supply between 110 v and 240v, we use 220 so ur fine to just use a plug adaptor, can it switch between ntsc and pal, cos if evrything is recorded in ntsc ur going to have problems if ur tv doesnt support ntsc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

have no idea about ntsc and pal, I should read the manual!! I bought it for taking photos, it can record mpegs I think but I doubt I'll ever watch them on anything other than my PC.

thanks for the adapter info.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

my bad, thought it was a video camera u meant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Stekelly
    This means it can operate in any country that has a power supply between 110 v and 240v, we use 220 so ur fine to just use a plug adaptor, can it switch between ntsc and pal, cos if evrything is recorded in ntsc ur going to have problems if ur tv doesnt support ntsc

Actually we use 230 Volts down here ;)

NTSC 30 frames / second and PAL 25 frames per second use different speeds so might not be easy. Lots of videos will PLAYBACK NTSC but not record it.

PS. Cinema films are 24 frames per second ...

Advertisement